Paul Walker

Sicko Tried Selling Burned Tree Bark From Crash Scene

12/8/2013 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1206-paul-walker-crash-splash-gettySome deranged creep tried to make a quick buck off Paul Walker's death by selling pieces of burned bark he claims he took from the tree Paul crashed into ... TMZ has learned.

The seller says he took 6 pieces of charred tree (pictured below) from the crash site and put them on eBay -- asking for at least $100 per item.

1206-paul-walker-tree-bark
But we've learned ... the seller had a change of heart (which might have had something to do with the hate mail he got) and he decided to to pull the auction for good.

The seller tells TMZ, "I would like to apologize to the family, friends, and fans of Paul Walker.  At the time I listed the bark for sale, I did not realize the emotional impact it would have."

Stephanie

I completely agree that it's sick to try to profit off of a horrific death like this. You know what I think is even worse? The fact the TMZ paid someone for a VIDEO of the car crash within days of it happening. So, this guy trying to sell tree bark is a sicko, right? What does that make the people who sold the video to TMZ, and the people calling the shots at TMZ?

blackrozey04

It wasnt paul walkers damn tree are u serious

blackrozey04

So the pavement gets cut out too?

charles000

Whoever is trying to sell these is a real . . . ash hole . . .

blackrozey04

And maybe the road gna sell for? People have no respect for others this is another one of those ridiculous things people are tryng to gain fame fron and it pisses me off so sad uuuhg..... rip Paul

Tom

Why is anyone shocked that there are idiots at this circus. As usual, the media is causing misery for the local residents and the mental zeroes are trying to be a part of something.

BisbeeChris

That's not sick at all, that's capitalism baby!

Jah36

Let me get this straight...Harvey Levin is a practicing homosexual, yet you people are calling other people deranged creeps? That's rich! lol.

Jimstar

Tmz I would like to thank you for your detailed updates I'm in Perth Western Australia Australia it's help me grieve and come to terms with his tragic loss

john

Hey you make money how ever you can make it. I my self would not give a nickel for it . But if there is a buyer why not sell it?

Confuuuuuused

Funny how you people care more about a B rated actor then Nelson Mandela. Can't say I'm surprised since you don't have a brain and don't know that Mandela has done way more for mankind then this loser.

Bitchplease

U know what? Shut up. Mandela died and so did Paul. They both did amazing things for people, why does it matter who did how much? Is being nice to people a contest? People probably aren't saying anything about Mandela because theirs no article about him. Common sense. Maybe you should take some lessons from both and stop being such a jerk.

Obsever..

God,some of us are not humans anymore,, we let money take our feelings and humanity away.....Its sad,, SHAME ON some of us, ....

liberal racist

maybe if it was a nose or an ear

YouDontSay

He should get douche bag of the year award.