'Duck Dynasty' Fans

BRING BACK PHIL

A&E's Denying Him Freedom of Speech

12/19/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-phil-robertson-01
Thousands of "Duck Dynasty" fans are on a mission to end Phil Robertson's network suspension over his anti-gay comments -- 'cause they say A&E is denying him his human rights.

Over 35 THOUSAND people have signed a petition -- which fired up yesterday on Change.org -- demanding A&E end the suspension.

Even worse for the network ... it's being ROASTED on social media by DD fans -- hundreds of people are accusing A&E of not allowing Phil Robertson his basic right to freedom of speech.

One fan put the network on blast saying, "As a gay male, is what he said wrong and not educated about how gay people really are? Yes it was. Does he have the right to speak on what he thinks YES HE DOES!"

The fan adds, "Was I offended NO I WASN'T he is a smart man and could learn the truth about things he has no idea about. He's old school you can't hate on him for his beliefs DO NOT GET RID OF PHIL ON THIS SHOW! KEEP HIM!! I will no longer watch if he's gone!!!"

So, we gotta ask ...

greg

We live in a corrupt world due to stiff neck,doulble minded,liberal idiots who try to eliminate God and Gods world our fore fathers who support God.I support Gods word and the bible.Ifyou dont like God pick a counry of your choice and move there in God we trust as on our currency

Carol Mendoza

Why can gays and all other religions say what ever they want but when an American and Christian tell ther view ( after being asked ) they are thrown under the bus or is it others band wagon. This has all gone to far and I am proud to finaly say ENOUGHT !!!.

Lily McKinnes

I BELIEVE THAT THE USA IS A MELTING POT OF ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE AND ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF PEOPLE HAVE ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF OPINIONS. WHEN SOMEONE IS IN THE SPOT-LIGHT AND THEY VOICE THEIR OPINION IT IS SIMPLY THAT... AN OPINION. YOU CAN EITHER RUN WITH IT OR YOU CAN REJECT IT. HOWEVER... IF YOU DONT LIKE THE SHOW I BELIEVE YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A VOICE ON THE TOPIC BE IT GAY OR STRAIGHT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE BEING AFFECTED BY THIS ARE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WATCH THE SHOW. NOBODY... NOBODY... NOBODY... THINKS THAT WHAT HE SAID IS BEING SPOKEN FOR THE NETWORK OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. ALSO... TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE PHIL... LET ME SEE EVERY PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY STOP WORKING ALL THE SUDDEN... BET HE SURVIVES LONGER THAN YOU DO.

Dave

Wow now who are the intolerant people...GLAD that's who! What a bunch of cry babies!

Barb

TMZ's new obsession. Duck Dynasty. At least there were no Paul Walker stories today. That's progress.

salt1818

The govt, the liberals and the left can go fly a kite. Let phil alone b/c there is what we call FREEDOM OF SPEECH. God created adam an eve not adam an adam or eve an eve an all you gays can fly a kite also. Just b/c you gays are miserable doesnt mean you should take it out on someone else.

salt1818

To everyone out there I hope you boycott A&E and their gay friends!!!!!!! I cant wait til Duck Dynasty drops A&E an picks up another network

Kiashe33

I agree with his comments I remember a day when being gay was kept secret now it's everywhere being advertised on television for our children to walk like the **** is normal and natural ? The entertainment industry is ran by gays . I don't have an issue with anyone's sexuality but when it's exploited and broadcasted like it's the normal thing is not right what will children think that it's ok to be gay it's all a mental vision game to brainwash and confuse our younger generation the time is near

formernavyjetmech

Lost on the comments of whether it is freedom of speech. The cameras were not rolling he was not at "work" he answered an honest question honestly

Sashatree

HE HAS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNDER HIS CONTRACT WITH A&E! DEAL WITH IT! He was engaged in Commercial Speech!! And commercial speech is speech done on behalf of a company or individual for the purpose of making a profit. Unlike political speech, the Supreme Court does not afford commercial speech full protection under the First Amendment. HE WAS WRONG AND I STAND WITH A&E ON THIS ONE. He damaged their image/brand and they should sue him for it!

Richwill

It is amazing that the homosexuals do not want anyone to describe their sexual activities.

Todd.smith

You know what. As a gay man I keep to myself and try on a daily basis to be the bigger person when it comes to comments and ignorant people like most of you on this board. Being gay is natural for me and no I shouldn't hide it. Don't like gays? Stop having sex to make us. And honestly I just want to say a big **** you!!!!!! To all of you *******s who think that what you beLieve is true. It's a freaking belief. No valid. Not proven. I am gay. That is a fact. That is inate. You aren't born with a religious stick up your ass. So screw you all. Go kill yourself because most of you sassed as a child. Ate shrimp or screwed someone before getting married. So yeah let's be biblical let me use my freedom of speech right and say go kill yourself bc that's what your bible says. :) peace!

DaDude

The guy is a total racist idiot.
Take it off the air and keep it off.
The entire family is dysfunctional and retarded.

Marty MacCoy

It infuriates me that so many Americans don't know what the First Amendment says or what it means. Please, won't you take just a moment and memorize the first five words. If you do, you will find that it does not read "A&E shall make no law... "

This ADMITTED serial child molester has not had any right denied him and the government is not involved in this on any level.

brendon

Sweet, freedom of speech now means we have a right to be on a&e.