Phil Robertson

I Got Suspended

I'm Going to Church!

12/19/2013 1:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1218-phil-robertson-church
Phil Robertson turned to the Lord after getting benched from "Duck Dynasty."

The pastor at White's Ferry Road Church tells TMZ ... while everyone went crazy last night over Phil's suspension, Phil was in the pews with his prayer group, praying for a woman who had been diagnosed with cancer.

Pastor Mike Kellett tells us ... Robertson didn't even MENTION the TV show or the suspension
 -- it was all about the sick woman.

Pastor Mike dodged our question -- whether Phil's a homophobe -- saying, "Phil is doing his best to follow God's word. He always treats people with love and respect."

Pastor Mike says the church is solidly behind Robertson: "Television shows come and go. His faith is forever."

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v4

Kàt

Phil, you, and your family, are the real deal. You know the word of God. Thank you for not denying him, for fame and fortune. Continue to stand strong in your faith. The Lord has good things in store for you and your family. God trully does work in mysterious ways. Oh yessssssss he does.

Big D

I support Phil... The rest of the family should quit to support their father.

Gabbi

I have to say that I admire his committment to his faith. I cannot fault him for that. I don't think it is biggotry to stand behind your beliefs. I think we have to respect others thoughts, faiths, beliefs, etc. To not do so would make you all of the names you are calling him.

I try not to judge other people. I have my own feelings about homosexuality. Whatever it is, it's mine. I still respect all people regardless of their preferences. It is not for me to judge. I just lead the life I have for myself.

Kàt

A&E knew Phil's beleifs, and only now cut him off at the knees.............after A&E made a crap load of money off the Duck Dynasty program. A&E stinks.

msmellow661

You guys are ridiculous. The Pastor did not dodge the question, his response was the answer. I support Phil, he has every right to differ in his views. If you don't wanna know the answer don't ask the question.

DDTDAJOM

The tmz homosexuals are out for blood.

ts

Phil is an ignorant old man who stumbled his way into the public eye. Now he's going to feel the wrath from being a public figure and making stupid comments.
His family has gotten too used to the money to stand behind his ignorant views.

porkchop

Homophobic and blaming it on God...and in church praying for someone else! What a wonderful person. Not.

nohollyweirdfan

He tells it like it is. He speaks truth which is what we are all called to do. It is up to the listener to decide if they want to Hear the truth.

D-INCARNATION

It's Duck Dynasty not Butt Dynasty..

Marko

Some smelly old hillbilly talking about *****, aint free speech grand?

Mike

Disney owns A&E. Make sure to email or call Disney to express your distastes of their anti-Christian bigotry.

Deb HERMANSON

Bring Phil back!

Mesir

Honestly, I think the Internet is making this a bigger deal than it is. People are going to rally in the millions, paying lots of money and raising the ratings of the show, then they'll bring him back and raise it even more. Why do you think they didn't cancel the show? People can't stop watching if they want to support the family, so it's a win-win for A&E

stellastar

Good for you Phil!!! You are entitled to your beliefs!!!