Steve Harvey

Cleared of Horrendous Child Abuse Allegations

12/20/2013 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-steve-harvey-tmz
Steve Harvey
 was accused by his ex-wife and 11-year-old son of brutally beating the boy ... but Harvey's rep tells TMZ the comedian has been cleared.

A judge found Mary Harvey in contempt Thursday and sent her to jail for leaking sealed information about the alleged incident to the media.

As for the incident ... according to a police report -- obtained by TMZ -- Mary claims Steve got a phone call from the boy's school informing him his son lied about turning in homework.  According to the kid, Steve hit him with a belt and then a paddle board -- the kind used for hazing in fraternities.

According to the police report ... cops took photos of the boy's injuries, showing bruises on his buttocks and right thigh, as well as cuts on his leg.  The police report says the boy told cops, the beating was so brutal he had trouble urinating for days.

The matter was then referred to the Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services.  Steve's rep tells TMZ, the Dept. concluded, "Based on the information obtained, the child does not appear to be at risk ... the case is closed without further investigation."

Mary believes that it's all a cover-up, and she's been on a campaign for several years to expose him.  But yesterday the judge had enough and felt she violated the protective order in the case and threw her in jail for 30 days.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

IsakHadz

You know, my parents would hit me with a belt when I was a child. It led to severe problems in my life such as "respect for people" "respect for elders" "not being a spoiled brat"... I sure do wish my parents never spanked me or I wouldn't be such a respectable person!
(sarcasm for those who don't understand)

John

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. PROVERBS 13:24

LetsBeReAL

It probably is a cover up but Steve has way too many connections in Hollywood and makes too much money for certain people for them to allow any of that bad press. Silly woman should know that you can fight Hollywood and win. That's terrible that he did that to his son. And, as a mother, I understand her rage and I understand why she would do anything to expose him. She's a mom protecting her kid. Any real mom would do that same thing.

garwilly

It was way back in 2008 and the woman push the kid to say stuff, when the investigation was complete it was shown that the allegations were false. But I see nowhere as always TMZ post any dates and is writing this fake story like it just happen a few days ago. This was in 2008 and the man was cleared of all charges, but once again TMZ is making up lying stories...I'm surprised this site isn't getting 1000s of lawsuits for lies!

Certifiedtosay

Not because a person is grown and they got a carrier don't mean they're qualify to be a parent. Beat your kids "yes" but don't hurt them.

Tool

Louis CK makes a great observation: You can't hit a dog or you will be arrested for animal abuse. But so ahead and hit a defenseless child if he or she is doing something you don't want them to do at the moment. Perfectly fine. It's crazy.

DeeMaree

Did the boy do his homework after that?

yomi

Steve has no business being on giving advise to anyone. he needs help himself.!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7