« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Terry Bradshaw

Duck Dynasty Guy is WRONG

'Bible Also Preaches Love'

12/20/2013 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1218-terry-bradshaw-phil-robertson-tmz
Terry Bradshaw says his old college football teammate Phil Robertson needs to chill out on the bible thumping ... 'cause he's "taking scripture literally" and forgetting "the bible also preaches love."

TMZ Sports spoke to the NFL Hall of Famer -- who rode the bench behind Robertson when they played together at Louisiana Tech -- and asked him about the "Duck Dynasty" star's homophobic comments to GQ.

Bradshaw, a fellow devout Christian, tells us ... "I respect Phil's voice but I don't agree with it."

Terry explained, "Phil is a very religious man, and he's taking the scriptures literally ... but the bible also preaches love."

FYI -- Robertson got several offers from NFL teams looking to draft him ... but quit college ball in his senior year 'cause he didn't want to miss out on duck season (seriously).  Bradshaw took his spot and the rest is history.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dagney

Did you read his comments, Terry? Phil said he loves them and treats them with respect even tho he disagrees. He does show love. Don't fall for the media's lynching of Phil Robertson.

Vote2012

Remember Bradshaw was the second string QB behind Phil. Bradshaw never acts like he knows who Phil is even though they played on the same team and same position. Bradshaw claims to be born again, but that is very questionable in my opinion.

CRITICXTREME::

Many of you folks would be jumping out windows when you find out that who you know as Jesus (imagery) is actually a guy named Cesare Borgia and the bible was partly a creation by the Romans. Your bible stole from the ancient Black Africans of Kemet (egypt). Jesus is actually Heru and black!

Crackerbarrel begone

Years ago it was well known how dumb Terry Bradshaw was

1USASupporter

Would really appreciate all of this being thrown at other reality shows that talk so bad using Jesus as a cuss word, promoting perverted lifestyles living together, etc. but anytime something is said against their choice it is wrong!

bill

shut up baldy,you were Phils b iouch in college.......

BigSr

Let me just say that I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fanatic. But let me also say that if Terry Bradshaw is going to talk about the bible teaches love then please check the facts and also know that that is only one side of the bible. The bible also teaches absolutes and there is the wrath of God that is also taught. People kill me thinking they know about what the bible teaches and in reality know nothing. I wonder how much time does Terry Bradshaw spend studying his bible or even own a bible. Please.... talk what you know or shut up. If ANYONE studies it in it's TRUE context you will find that Phil is correct. Don't get mad at the truth. If you want it it is there for anyone to study and know for themselves. But as usual most won't they will take cliches or things that they have picked up here and there and take it as fact. I dare anyone who agrees with Mr. Bradshaw to REALLY study it to find out the real truth. That's what I thought..... So remain in ignorance and keep your mouth shut.

Rod Coffman