« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gabrielle Union

My Fat, New Engagement Ring is Worth ...

12/22/2013 7:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1222_dwade_gunion_gettyEvery kiss begins with ... an engagement ring that costs MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE MAKE THEIR WHOLE FRICKIN' LIVES -- if you're Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade, that is.

Dwyane popped the question Saturday night with an 8.5 carat cushion cut diamond ring (pictured below) made by go-to celeb jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills ... and TMZ has learned it goes for nearly 1 million bucks.

We're told Dwyane had been on the hunt for months for the stone of her dreams ... and his jeweler made 3 trips to Miami looking for the perfect jewel ... and third time was a charm.

Bravo.

1222_gabriel_union_ring_instagram

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wornoutmama

Beautiful ring for a beautiful woman. It's about time D. Wade.

Obvious justice

You keep thinking that Gabrielle that its gonna happen but what's really gonna happen is he will cheat on you before your marriage takes place

Obvious justice

The relationship won't last the actual wedding date is set

Kookla

That's a dowpayment for all the cheating he's going to do while their married for a few brief years

doinmything

Ugly man hands!!!

Issac

Make sure to ask her to sign prenup

HearThRob

...but has he seen her without hair and makeup? At 40, most women depend on it. Just saying. D-wade, I'm sure, doesn't want to wake up in the morning wondering who's in bed next to him. I mean 10 years, man. 10 years!!! Its supposed to be the other way around.

Just_Me

A black woman at age 50 still looks younger than a white woman at 30. He hit the jackpot.....'jus sayin.

Fabienne

All these people want to get married and I would give anything to be single and free. People post on here that he should have gotten HER to sign a pre-nup. I wish had gotten mine to sign one that would set me free. Guess it comes as a shock when innocent girls end up paying for everything and still get the emotional abuse. If I have any friends on here please ask whoever you pray to that I can get away from this.
But on topic Congratulations to Gabrielle and Dwayne and always keep in mind its not about the size of the ring, but more about honesty and decency.

vdubjetta07

who cares how much the ring cost, I dont? It will prolly end like most famous athletes marriages do in divorce.

Cali~girl

Whipped!

Karvey Kardashian

I bet the next woman he cheats with and marries will have a 2 million dollar ring. She is obviously as sharp as a marble if she thinks this will work! He cheated on his wife with her, but now she wants to become his wife. Gee, I wonder what will happen next?

CicadaDiva

Gorgeous!

bonnie bell

Barf. Because love like this never lasts when its so superficial.

RealityBites

Big don't mean pretty, that is one ugly ring. I've seen nicer looking smaller rings smh

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments