Robin Roberts

P.S. I'm Gay

12/30/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

robin-roberts-gettyRobin Roberts just officially came out of the closet ... telling the world she's gay and has a longtime girlfriend.

Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page ... talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.

In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

It's kind of cool the way she did it, she didn't scream it from the mountain tops ... but she revealed her true self in an authentic way.

Good for Robin.

1230_robin_roberts_through_years_footer

STFU

JUST DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STFU

GUESS ANIMALS ARE NEXT

portapotty

The post Phil-Duck Dynasty 'gay sex is good' push back in the comments forum at TMZ has begun.

Candy444

Duh

nyc44th

no big surprise here . . . more power to her.

Rocko

Gooo Seahawks !

cammogirl

Not suprised:) good for her! Y is the public so shocked when someone comes out?

shannon

I dont care if she is gay or whatever! I love Robin and wish her the best! My mom fought lung cancer and robin was her inspiration! Nothing but love for this courageous woman! My mom didnt make it but I hope Robin has many happy years ahead!

Belizeanborn

Yeah, it was time to play this card, Sam is gone, today show is trying to raise ratings, the gay card was the last ditch effort to get higher ratings. Anyone with a brain knows she is gay and abc bide their time to use personal info to gain viewership. Come tomorrow that is all you will hear about , nothing about gumble & pauley on today show.

tgrfan42069

mentioning it in a fb post for all of her fans to see knowing the media would pick up on it. = screaming from the mountain tops

hoosier

Shocker…not

janja

no $hit Sherlock

tgrfan42069

her co workers will harp about how brave she is.yeah it takes real bravery to come out this day and age.you know the age where if you say anything not praising gays you get fired for doing so.

nick

Is amber white??..her girlfreind amber....not many blacks with the name amber

jen7334

whether she is rich or poor, gay or straight, Robin came forward and shared her life because she has fought a huge hurdle fighting off cancer and however she lives her life is no one else's business. Just because she is famous does not give anyone the right to comment or put her down. I don't follow her or really know who she is but I wish her the best, in health and in love. To everyone else, worry about your own lives and stay out of others.