Paul Walker

Autopsy Report

Horrifying Injuries

1/3/2014 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1214-paul-walker-tmz-2

Paul Walker's entire body was charred through the skin it was burned so badly ... this according to the autopsy ... burned so bad none of his organs were suitable for donation.

According to the report ... obtained by TMZ ... Walker's body was laying supine in the passenger seat in a "pugilistic stance" -- that's a defensive position, as if he were bracing himself for impact.

He had multiple fractures throughout his body, including his jaw, collarbone, and left upper arm.  There were also various ribs and pelvic fractures.

The report concludes Walker died from "combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries" sustained from the Nov. 30 crash in Santa Clarita, CA.

According to the report, the L.A. County Coroner is preserving portions of Paul's organs in a jar -- sources tell us tissues are kept for a certain period of time in case of lawsuits.

Roger Rodas -- the driver -- suffered major head trauma with the top portion of his skull fractured and his brain exposed.

No alcohol or drug traces were found in either body.

The report also says there was "scant soot in Walker's trachea" -- suggesting he took a few breaths after impact.  Sources close to the investigation, however, tell TMZ, they believe both men died almost immediately.

And the report goes on ... Paul had 14% carbon monoxide saturation in his blood stream ... the normal level is 2%.  Roger had 10%.

According to the report ... after impact the car spun 180 degrees, struck a tree and nearly tore in half before exploding in flames.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch

1202_remembering_paul_walker_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

Gsharon 710

TMZ, if you MUST keep reporting , do so without pictures . The image has been stationed in our brains . For those who wish to review the photos , they can be found all over the place, now stop it!

love-truth-freedom

This make me so sick. RIP Paul. You didn't deserve to go like this. I've been watching his movies, youtube videos, interviews. Such a kind guy and funny too. I feel so horrible for his family and friends. I feel depressed about his passing and I didn't even know him... How would someone cope with a loved one going out in this manner? And then to have sh!t heads like TMZ reporters bringing it up over and over. Jesus.... Let this beautiful man and his family have peace.

Jackie

TMZ you're disgusting. Let the guy rest in peace than making money on him. ****.

Shantastic

Heartbreaking :(

chisaii

The pugilistic stance is what do when I'm about to take a fat poo.

Shubam

U know what buddy whether they were driving fast but dont forget they were not going to a strip club they werre going to attend a charity show to help the people trapped somewhere out there andd if u rr capable of doing such thing than say somethinv about himm if u rr nott just sit on ur candy ass and keep ur mouth shut... ...l...

MaryAnn

The "pugilistic stance" is a common occurrence in severely burned bodies, characterised by flexion of elbows, knees, hip, and neck, and clenching of hand into a fist; and is caused by high-temperatures in fire, resulting in muscle stiffening and shortening; it occurs even if the person was dead before the fire. Walker's position likely had nothing to do with a defensive stance or bracing himself for impact.

Williams85

D. I. P. Drive In Peace Paul I hope you enjoy your paradise and keep driving, it's what you do best. You were probably a good dad to Meadow, now your days with her are over, but you will always be within her.

Katelynnkinggg

Just made a tmz account just to comment on here. Paul, you dont know me and I know you but not in person. The day I found out about your accident was the worst. I cried that night. Did research to see if It were real or not. Every day I go online searching you up. I live seing you face. It makes me think ofwhat a great person you are helping with charity and just loving everything. Ive had 2 dreams of you. One, you were in my room hanging out with me and you wouldnt let me take a pic with you because the "paparazzi" would catch you. I cry every single day of my life. I miss you. And I saw your movie yesterday. hours. Your a funny actor and so full of life! Well, nevermind that. I really have to admit the way I wanted to die was in a red porshe in santa clarita Ca. But I dont now because. You inspired me to sing. One day I will be famous and it will be for you. I will help R.O.W.W and love it. Thanks for being who you are. I love you paul walker. I will never.forget you.

Katelynnkinggg

And Isaw your game show as a kid. Very funny

Italiangirl73

To think of anyone dying the way these two men did is unthinkable . Why do we have to know the details it isn't going to bring them back to their families or fans. They are dead and they both died horribly .. Let it go and remember the good things in their lives and who they were not how they died. Come on TMZ

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21