Michael Bay

Freaks Out Onstage -- Walks Off

1/6/2014 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

010614_michael_bay_launch_v2

Michael Bay melted down in Vegas today ... after his teleprompter malfunctioned.

The "Transformers" director was the featured speaker for Samsung TV at the CES convention.  No sooner did he walk out on stage when it was evident something was terribly wrong.

Michael went blank and then made a reference to "type" ... we've confirmed it was a teleprompter problem.  He said he'd wing it, but watch the video ... that didn't happen.

Michael walked off the stage ... leaving the audience and the moderator dumbfounded.

Anyway ... dialogue was never his strong suit.

update_graphic_red_bar4:12 PM PT -- Bay posted a message on his website explaining the fail ... "Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES ... I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost."  Then he added the obvious, "I guess live shows aren't my thing."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LoganJackson

That was hard to watch!!

Barbara

All his party life style is getting to him....time out fella

Joey Boots

They expected Michael to talk about what he does as a director without a teleprompter? The nerve of them! I won't be buying any Samsung products in the near future - I'm just aghast!!!!!

BIGROB

What an annoying douche this Bay is and all his Transformers movies SUCK! Props to the Asian guy who kicked his a s s!

Joey Boots

Form of a... Teleprompter!

Chlo94

That was hardly 'freaking out.' False title... He politely walked off.

Unbroken Chain

He probably has no idea what he is talking about and couldn't do it without the prompter

CoconutScrimp

Samsung keynotes are always rough (watch the Radio City Music Hall keynote) but this might set the bar for awkies.

Morticia Cowghoul

I find it strange that he can't talk about his inspiration w/out a teleprompter? Isn't inspiration something that comes from within a person based on life experience? And he can't come up with an answer for that....his own personal catalyst for creating??? How very strange.

Dead account Delete at will

Samsung Fail! LOL

Dead account Delete at will

and he didnt "freak out" to me he simply got frustrated and walked off since they didnt have their sh*t together

Your S&M Girlfriend

That whole thing was off from the get-go. The moderator/announcer/whatever he was sounded more like the question guy in an cheap infomercial. Michael Bay was in bad shape from word one. Maybe he's one of those high strung panic types and had an anxiety attack. Something was going on and I don't think the teleprompter had anything to do with it.

Joey Boots

I bet contractually they still have to pay him though I wouldn't doubt they do so all in pennies.

Tony

Another misleading title. He freaked out in his head, but I was expecting him to have a meltdown on stage.

lmr

He couldn't even answer simple questions about his job? was he on something? That was odd-it's not like it was a speech or something-just had to say a couple nice things about the product he was shilling...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments