Michael Muhney

Angry Y&R Fans Plan Aerial Attack on CBS

1/6/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0105_Michael-Muhney_tmz_compositeIt's a bird, it's a plane ... no, it's a flying banner paid for by "Young and the Restless" fans outraged at CBS for firing Michael Muhney.

Turns out a group of Y&R fanatics on Facebook pooled together $785 to pay for a banner that will soon fly over CBS Studios in Los Angeles with a message saying, "NO ADAM NEWBIE, JUST MICHAEL MUHNEY."

TMZ broke the story ... Muhney was fired last month for allegedly groping 20-year-old co-star Hunter King's breasts on 2 different occasions.  Muhney has allegedly harassed people on the set for a long time.

Y&R's plan is to retire the character and bring a new actor in to reprise the role of Adam Newman, but it's not sitting well with diehard fans.

Don't mess with soap fans.

Catathomic

First of all TMZ, one of your staff is married to Ms. McDaniel, Exec. of CBS Daytime. Secondly, people should be innocent until proven guilty. In this alleged incident Michael Muhney was allowed to finish out the week after he was fired. IF this actually happened in a work place the perpetrator would have immediately been escorted off the property and kept away from any victim. To all those people cutting down soap fans, I am a college educated professional who happens to be from Wisconsin and throughout my travels and living in itger states I always watched Y&R or DVR'd it. It kept me connected with home, so to speak as it takes place in Wisconsin. Please try to refrain from bashing people you know nothing about. If you think so terribly of Soap fans why are you even here commenting about a soap opera?

Kelly

For all we know Hunter King hit on him and he knocked her back. Revenge accusations are just as common as sexual harassments!

Vic Creed

Volunteer at a soup kitchen, buy some toys and pass them out at a children's hospital, but please don't waste time trying to support an alleged perv playing a fictional character.

Tracey

What kind of dumb twit supports a perv.

Reality Check 44

Apparently, the head of CBS Daytime leaked this story to her husband at TMZ. Looks like she's exposed CBS to some major litigation for violation of privacy. I hope you're paying that guy very well because there are going to be a lot of checks written ot Ms King and Mr Muhney.

SueC

What a waste of money!!?? Why can't they let this go? His so called fans are just bringing more attention to the situation that I'm pretty sure MM would like to go away.
If they want to continue supporting the perv fine, but stop bringing attention to this.

suspenders

This should not have been leaked......there was a reason for doing so, but it smells. TPTB have yet to cover their butts on this.

Snow

It's funny how people turn a blind eye to bad behavior when it comes to celebrities...they need to get a grip. Guy should be blacklisted.

Bee

I think before you spend all your money... That people should wait til the guy himself makes a statement. Yr you got some explaining to do... I'm thinking soon we will hear something from MM or cbs maybe JFP herself? Time will tell. I also love the actor. But if this is true.... It's not right. Part of me believes me and apart doesn't. A lot doesn't add up and a lot is true like the bullying... He said himself so... The backpack of hubris. Either. Way something happened . I really hope he didn't. If he did , rightly so for them to can his ass. Like I said time will tell.

Sparky

Considering "casting couches" are the norm at soaps, firing this guy is almost laughable.

Joel

It really is true that some people don't have a life.

Raleighgirl

NO WAY. He is INNOCENT. Michael is an extremely SMART and talented guy. He is the head of MENSA. Anyone with that IQ knows better....My guess is this girl hit on him and he turned her down. It embarrassed her so she had him fired. He has been on the show for years without problem around beautiful women and then all of a sudden hits on this kid? PLEASE....

Emily

I'm all for defending Michael, but this was a complete waste of time, money, resources, etc. BEST revenge is to NOT watch Y&R. Then watch what happens.

Cooper

Lets' get pissed off because an employer, as ANY employer would, fired someone for sexual assault and harassment? Let him come to you and fondle and grope your daughters and see how you feel then. Disgusting attitudes of some people.

Cheryl1963

He desevered it ! SICK SOB I hope the girl files on him ! Take he's money! He's nothing !