Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

Sean

Is it me or is she starting to look like Hilary Clinton?

PG

I hate Madonna! But people should STOP apologizing because other people are too easily offended by stuff that is not meant to be offensive.

The same rules apply to everyone! If it's ok for blacks to use that word in a friendly way, then it's ok for whites to use it that way too. If you're offended by something that is not meant to offend somebody, it's your problem.

Ladygoodman

She thought it was hip because she used the ga ending to it instead of ger. Proving that at 50 the only hip thing she should be concerned with is not breaking hers.

CardFan89

Why is this old hag even still relevant?

eugene

***** pls

Snow

I don't think she's racist. I do think she needs to grow up. What kid wants to think their mother is trying to act the same age as them? The booze pictures, the language...it all oozes desperation to be on the friend level with her kid as opposed to being a role model and parent.

dede

The whole world needs to stay out of family matters. This is her family and others have no F****** say in how she speaks to her children. Maybe we should be looking in on how TMZ peoples family especially the one who just dropped out a kid. Her mouth is fairly loose. That way she lives in GB and not the USA where all the so called do gooders live.

Double Bubble

If everyone else in the music industry can say it in an loving way, then she can too
#she's my n*gga

TJ

Such an ugly woman~

DenverDean

She's covering for Rocco. Regardless, it was a dumb statement, but she did the right thing. M is hardly a racist.

Coleoleo999

She's gross and Rocco is ugly

Cleveland

Madonna is the least racest person in entertainment! Move on please, this story is dead

That Guy

we forgive you. you fugly old hagsbeen.

k

she is from DETROIT after all give woman a break

GagasTootsieRoll

This will be forgotten in days , meanwhile Paula Deen admits to using that word in the past and loses her television show and sponsors. There's a disconnect here ....