Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

MizSJ

Ya'll are crazy as he'll if you think that word could or should be used as a term of endearment!!!! Wtf no matter what race it's not appropriate!!!!!

tbone

The word should not be used by anyone, black, white, yellow or green. Its a offensive word that's hurtful and harmful. Hopefully, the hip hop generation can drop the unflattering word.

donald keith

listen to all you pansy ass whiners , she said the n word that ends in A not the one in R, big difference pansy ass screaming cry babies. and for you Black people who are pissing and moaning, don't like it, then STOP using it also, till then shut the f UP ! all ya'll *******s giving me a headache!

Joanne

There are a handful of rules that white people should live by when it comes to being a racist butthole. First, black face *side eye Julianne Hough* is not an acceptable Halloween costume and secondly, under no cir***stances can you drop an n bomb.

It's really not that hard.

Also, she sees no problem with calling her white son the n word...how is she currently raising two black children with that level of ignorance?

Kbp

She knows better. She probably owned a slave back in her day.someone her age knows thats not right.

Initialj

She is disgusting and seriously needs to grow the f**ck up. It's embarrassing for a mother her age to act like she is some hip teenager, f**cking the cradle, when really she comes off stupid, immature and just plain gross. Grow the f**ck up. You are far from cool or an innovator anymore.....

Kbp

Just look at that picture.she looks like a slave owner.

Stymi

Oh please...who gives a chit! Like 99% of everybody in here don't say the word.

BAFFSAULTSDETROIT

This is exactly why , this word shouldn't be used period. Then you wouldn't have to get a PR statement written for you explain how you looked and sounded like a jackass using the word.

Rocco Siffredi

Wow, her explanation is even worse. WITCH.

Billy Roberts

I say, if black people don't want other races to use that word, then they themselves should NOT use that word. You don't hear the Chinese calling each other Gooks. You don't hear the Whites calling each other Crackers. And you don't hear the Native Americans calling each other Blanket A**es! If it offends you so much STOP SAYING IT YOURSELVES!

GUEST SPEAKER

I've heard whites, hispanics, and black use the word " *****" amongst themselves i.e " this my ***** here" meaning you're cool with them, I laugh to myself when I hear whites call each other *****s. It's just a five letter word that can't affect you unless you're weak enough to let it. Certain words are used to offend and theres derogatory words to reference every race such as honky, ******, wetback, wop, wing wong, spic etc but as said words can't hurt, it's the physical attacks that should be checked. I'm sure she used the word as a term of endearment and theres no offense here because I listen to her music and that "*****" can sing.

Deter

I'm going to adopt some white kids and leave them looking unkept (many of these celebrity token kids are ashy and their hair is not maintained or is miscut. )
I will call them little crackers and honkys see how long before people get mad at me.
When I say I'm just playing how many will forgive me.

charles

Madonna,
No mother of a black child who is respectable calls her child the N--word. You are too ignorant to be the mother of a black child. Your expectations are zero of that child. You want to run him into the streets and cop your drugs. Be-ich.

Brooke

So wait wait wait... its ok for black people to say it, but not okay for whites? Um, and y'all say "cracka" all the time I'm sure. I'm sick of people being so judgy and sensitive like a bunch of babies. Get over it, grow a pair, and worry about yourself.