Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

Madonna

#Dis*****

RosieO'Dumbbell

More liberal hypocrisy I see lol

Shes looking more like Hillary every day!

J.T.

She once had sex with Dennis Rodman for two weeks. #micdrop

STFUP

"It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."
Of course it was. I know, when I want to show my wife how much I care about her, I ALWAYS call her ni~~er! [/sarcasm]

james

dear madonna,
news flash....it doesn't work anymore...you actions won't shock people into buying you music...your time has passed and your music jut like your ***** is old, worn out, and no good. its time you faced facts you are old and as many men let run up into your streched out, old, tired, and flabby ***** you time has passedthe only heads you now turn is from men turning away in disgust

Nicole

Madonna has certainly made a mess of her face. She looks so stretched and puffy.

emilyzh

Can we not hold her to the same standards as Paula Dean?

VampireLily

Can someone please explain to me how such a negative, ugly word could be considered a "Term of Endearment"?

What????

Perfectly planned Madonna....jeeez there is no limit to what you will do for attention. sad very sad

cchornomud@gmail.com

Wow lots of Madonna haters. I'm sure she was trying to be clever not racist. I guess that didn't go how she thought it was going to go.

OK

She looks so old and worn.

OK

Good God Lady! Quit embarrassing yourself and go away!

kaya ali

for the record, white people don't get a pass to say the *****, ******, or any other form of the word. you're white, and that's a word that white people used to completely degrade and dehumanize black people. however black folks choose to use that word is up to them. white people, there's no cool way for you to say it, no one can give you a pass to say it and you shouldn't want to say it, given the history of your ancestors in this country.

ranfan

stop apologizing and explaining it. that's how people hold it over your head. say you don't give a crap and will continue to use it anyway.

ranfan

stop apologizing and explaining it. thats how people hold it over your head. just say you dont care and will say it anyway. they can't do anything to you lmao