Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

may28

Would she reference her white son in such a way??? Prob not. Not cool Madge

bernergirl

What's with the Amish garb she has going on in this photo? It was racially insensitive, she knows better.

Mvega87

I don't care what she calls her son. I still haven't forgiven her for advocating illegal drug use to make herself appear "cool" to children.

elias

wtf is wrong with u people?.. how can u even think shes racist ..shes ****ed more black guys than the Kardashians

Yurra Knutz

So Doctor, it all started when my possibly one time cool white mom called my white ass "the N word" on Instagram.

QFLEQ

I was at a club the other night watching white people dance to a song where every other word was *****!

We gotta stop calling ourselves that 1st and foremost!

Talking to all you Rappers, Comedians and RnB Singers! You all just encouraging it!

Teresa

You want to use it as a term of endearment within your house, so be it. You display it on a public forum, shame on you fool. But then again in your 50's all publicity is needed good publicity. Glad I'm not a fan. Hope it back fires on you. #AttentionSeekingBehavior feeling a little irrelevant lately?

Jordan

This is coming from the woman who allows her 13 year old Rocco and his Friends to drink in her home, One day he will steal one of Madonna cars Drunk and get in a wreck and hurt or kill someone.

Meanie

And so when he calls his mama a wrinkled stinking qunt, this too is a term of endearment? Smart kid :)

karisma

As someone with TWO adopted African children, she should know better. But then, it IS Madge, who is surprisingly unintelligent in matters of decorum.

Umanyways

She did apologize so that's a first. Most celebs now just stuck to their ignorant stance. Madonna has 2 black adopted kids, now on her 3rd black boyfriend and has had a black Jesus in her like a prayer video. She thinks she's black by now she just looked in the mirror abs was like damn I'm not and released a apologetic statement. Case closed.

misfit

I'm pretty sure that we're allowed to say any word we want at any time and if you're offended by a word that I say, well, that's your problem.

sr

Sammypopali

Gross

Sue from jersey

Yesterday I was pissed you thought it was ok to use that word.I never thought that you were a racist but you were very ignorant thinking it was ok to use that word in yours and your child's spot light. It's a very hurtful word to some which you could NEVER fully understand. I'm glad you apologized even if was a lousy apology.