Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

abby

Unusual term of endearment.

Arthur P. Kaske

************

Unkind Truth

pleasestopthedumbsh*t you are a black dick lover....that's why you keep riding the jock.

cindy

I wonder what her Black adopted children think about that.

BellaJ

She looks like Christopher Walken in this picture!

Your S&M Girlfriend

Poor Madonna. She used to be relevant, she used to be young, she used to be youthful but now she's got about 2 minutes of her 15 left, she's old enough to be a card-carrying AARP member, and she's about as dried up as stale piece of bread. But she can say N*GGA just like the cool black people. Except, who the hell would call their own kid a N*GGA??

Dsmith

I don't understand, black people can call people ***** all day long, but the first time a white person says something like that people freak!!!! Get ur feelings off ur shoulder!!!!!!!!!!!

tmrice

Being black myself I was in no way offended. To me it's all about context I don't care I'd white people use the term in a non offensive way. There really is a difference between it ending in an "a" and "er"

jack

I don't know why I'm not really bothered by this. Maybe it's because I hear it from every other human on the planet. So what's so wrong about the word when Madonna uses it?' Besides, Madge, "The Material girl, Madonna has been an Ambassador for just about every cause in America, so I now her hearts in the right place. And she's been around the world enough to know who's the best at what they do. Despite what she's been taught. And logically she really feels her son is "#disni**a". Whatever that might constitute in her mind. So come on M.M.M. You know better. And can do better. Peace.

cristiana

without makeup, she looks like a man!

Unkind Truth

Pleasestopthedumbshh just confessed to being the biggest punk ass bitch tonight. Let's give him a round of applause for admitting such a thing.

DTD

Wow! What a hag. How old is she now? 80 , 90?

Brian

She looks 70 in that photo. Yikes.

Vote2012

She needs to learn the law....only black people are allowed to use that word, she is the wrong color.

Florida

I'm white, best friends are black and Latin. We call each other ***** all the time. Old people need to know the N word does not mean the same thing as when they were kids