Jaden Smith

15-Year-Old Jumps Out of Airplane

... And His Mom Loves It

2/3/2014 12:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0203_jaden_smith_skydive_instagram
Talk about hands-off parenting -- Jada Pinkett Smith didn't just let her 15-year-old son Jaden go skydiving Sunday ... she celebrated it.

Jada tweeted the photo today, showing Jaden leaping out of a plane while strapped to someone's chest ... along with the caption, "Jaden jumping from a plane. Life. Happy Super Bowl Sunday."

FYI, there's no minimum legal age for skydiving, but most parachute centers require jumpers be 18.  You can jump at 16 with parental consent, but Jaden's just 15.

So we gotta ask ...

GothamGirl

I thought Will and Jada were going to be wonderful parents, but they seem to be abdicating their role. Don't like either kid, sorry...

allison

I had to wait until I was 18 to skydive...everwhere I looked at in so.cal was 18 minimum. but I'm sure with the right amount of money theyll make exceptions.

Nobody Special

My first Jump was 16 years old, my first base jump was at 18. If he liked it, it won't be long before he has a few Wing-Suits and starts Base Jumping. He will learn about having a cut-knife on each forearm and the other tricks to cut a tangled chute to make a clean reserve deploy. He can afford to get the best gear and have some fun, good for him.

And good for his parents to keep him strong as an athlete and not end-up drinking Cough Syrup like the Angry Beaver.

greenday

I would be screaming and ****ting my pants the whole way down!

alwaysthinkin

I went sky diving 8 years ago. 2 people in the plane after mine died because the parachute failed to open. I cried myself to sleep that night. To close for comfort, I'd never do it again.

Grade

What's the big deal? I saw him jump off a cliff a few months ago and a big bird was trying to eat him.

boo boo

I'm sure he's old enough. It's not like he's gonna pee his pants or cry or something like that. He's physically fit and big enough to wear the gear. I'm not doing it and I'd never consent....one of those "ask your father" scenarios.

slobeachbum101

Not your kids.... not you business

Bigvai

Wow I would do it for the love of skydiving

RachesRules

Tandem skydiving is very safe. Reg.parachute plus two backups. Even if the instructor has a heart attack the chute will open. At least that the regulation in Canada. Safer than driving down the freeway, relax everyone, he's getting his high the natural way. Better than what Beibers parents taught him.

SuziGee

According to Will Smith's Facebook page HE jumped with his son....your fact checkers must have been asleep

Jon

Dammit...there WAS a parachute involved.....

OK

They don't like Bieber getting all the attention.

Chase

Always figured Jaden for a bottom...especially with a name like "Jaden"...

Yurra Knutz

I jumped off of a diving board.

Where's my writeup dagnabbit?!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments