Philip Seymour Hoffman

Confided In Alleged Dealer

I Want to Kick Heroin

2/5/2014 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0205-phillip-seymour-hoffman-tmzPhilip Seymour Hoffman desperately told his drug dealer he was trying to kick his ever-growing heroin problem ... TMZ has learned.

An informant who has been working with NYC cops since Hoffman's death says he was privy to conversations between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Robert Vineberg -- one of the 4 people arrested last night in a heroin bust.

The informant -- who was central to cops obtaining a search warrant that led to the arrests -- claims Vineberg regularly sold heroin to Hoffman.  He says in some of the text messages Hoffman told Vineberg he was struggling to kick his heroin habit and wanted nothing more than to clean up his life.

The informant was very specific, saying Hoffman bemoaned that the worst part of getting clean was uncontrollable bowel movements.

And according to the informant, he would often see Hoffman in Vineberg's apartment and he seemed like "a man on a mission."  There was no small talk ... just business.  And he says Hoffman always looked unhappy.

0205_philip_seymour_hoffman_heroin_drugs_raid_bust_footer

vroomvroom

We don't need every damn detail of his death....he od'd ok

Superbowlchamps

Well I really hope he can get clean... Oh wait.

Saltine Crackas

Guess he got his wish he kicked heroin and the Bucket he got a 2 for 1 deal

rosemaryxoxo

K enough with the stories

Mikey

So thats why he bought 50 bags of heroin, to kick the habit. Looks like it worked, he's not doing heroin anymore.

Dreshiest84

So he was hoping to get help from the guy he was buying drugs from. How sweet.

samson

What a terrible end. I didn't know much about heroin before Hoffman's death, but after reading a bit about the addiction, the drug seems pretty horrible in how it controls you. and how tough it is to beat. It's hard to get your head around drug addiction if you've never consumed a drug that grips you from first use and actually reworks normal brain functions, which I haven't. Makes you at least a little more sympathetic to what drug addicts are dealing with, even if you don't respect/support their actions.

Kobe_No_Means_No

White dude ODs and everybody gets arrested. LOL.

billybob

PSH was gay! PSH was mudered!

Bill Foresman

Let's see. If I'm a drug dealer and I make a living from people buying my drugs then why in hell would I help them quit? Duh!

H8Kardash

Well now we know where the "I just sharted" line came from

Lucey

He probably felt that way. But why would he get so much bags of it? Only a pusher does that, not a user. Sounds odd to me

PureRadiance

Phillip Seymour Hoffman's character in Along Came Polly comes out with the line "Hey Dude, we have to go! I just sharted" To which he adds "I farted and a little **** came out!"

hotandcold

Well, what he 'allegedly' said about 'kicking' the habit and what he actually did are poles apart. Talk a good game but don't follow through. What a sad situation.
RIP, PSH. RIP.

Keyser Söze

"And he says Hoffman always looked unhappy."

Never heard of a heroin addict being in a happy mood, even after getting their fix.

Stay away from that sh*t, kids - it's nothing but a nightmare.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments