Woody Allen

Talked About Sex with 12-Year-Olds

... 38 Years Ago

2/5/2014 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0205-woody-allen-1976-getty
There was smoke nearly 40 years ago -- Woody Allen didn't explicitly say he was a pedophile ...but he sure came close ... openly describing a hypothetical orgy involving him and fifteen 12-year-old girls.

TMZ dug up the 1976 interview published in People.  Then 41-year-old Woody said, "I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with fifteen 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him."

He added, "Nothing I could come up with would surprise anyone ... I admit to it all."

And here's another gem: "It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it."

Funny ... because 4 years later -- in 1980 -- Woody began dating actress Mia Farrow, with whom he'd have one child and adopt two, including daughter Dylan ... who later accused him of sexually assaulting her at age 7.  He then married her sister.

Keyser Söze

"It's no accomplishment to have or raise kids. Any fool can do it."

Undeniably true. Don't know why this statement would make him a pedophile.

The first one, though... not looking good.

Diane H

I'm not defending him, but after reading the article, it seems to me that the quote was taken out of context. He was using hyperbole for comedic effect.

Heidi

There is a very thorough defense of Woody Allen from the Daily Beast. It's an interesting read. It is a very detailed explanation of how the case played out:

nayrod64

Why are people so shocked about this story. This has been following him since I can remember. He's a child molester. Just b/c he's famous doesn't rule him out. He married Mia Farrow young adopted daughter for one.

Winterrain2013

It's still shocking because the 70 something year old is having the balls to call his daughter a liar

baby

there are alot of sexual predators in hollywood, the rich just do pay offs or buy the victims familes off.

intrigued

Dirty, old man that needs to be prosecuted! Give me a break, he cheated on his wife with their adopted daughter and ran off with her.

cluesarethere

These are some highly dysfunctional people.. Starting way back with pappa Farrow bringing young Mia around to entice 48 year old Sinatra while pappa Farrow bang Sinatra's ex wife ms Gardner.. Just a lovely bunch....Ugh! I really don't know what to believe anymore.

MyBadSweetie

...and while people were ridiculing Michael Jackson, this dirty old bastard was walking the streets with his daughter /wife.

Carriejane

He's just changed my entire mind about him... I was trying to stay in the middle like "no one knows for sure"...but comon man !! That comment is disgusting ! I believe Dylan now. I'm done being "Switzerland" on the topic.

Deep-Sigh

This article published yesterday offers better and more examples of Allen's creepiness with young girls. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/woody-allen-and-young-girls-a-history.html?mid=google

scoopie

He's not do-able for anyone at any age.

cokeandpilates

Normal men don't even joke about orgies with 12 year old girls. What part of sexual predator do you not understand? He's always had that creeper vibe going. I believe Dylan. What would she have to gain by lying about something like this? Red flags have probably been popping up for years, but no one wants to see it because they think Woody Allen is a genius. He's not, he's a sick POS. He married his adopted daughter, you have to wonder if he didn't molest her during her childhood. I refuse to waste my time and money watching any of his films.

ANGELO

what a nasty looking loser ,,just because of his blessing in making movies hes a celeb ,, hes a vile very unattractive poison

Serialkilla213

Misleading title much? Thought he actually did that.