George Zimmerman Fight

Cancelled

Promoter Gets Cold Feet

2/8/2014 1:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0208-george-zimmerman-dmx-tmzGeorge Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event ... and the promoter says it's because his conscience finally kicked in.

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event ... and said he finally realized there's "more to life then money."

Zimmerman Fight

• Still Want To See It
  • Glad It's Gone

The promoter adds, "Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I'm so lucky those people must be in so much pain ... all you people are right."

Unclear exactly what he meant by "those people" ... but probably a poor choice of words.

Mary P

A conscience? Zimmerman was found innocent. No one side told the truth. A charity lost out on some big money on top of that. I didn't care to start with but let's not pretend we are some moral country who is in agreement Zimmerman was remotely guilty.

CaMeO

I'd be upset if it was canceled with Game being the opponent. DMX isn't exactly in the best shape to dismantle Zimmerman

Factual

Yes Fenuchi, I completely agreed, DMX is one fugly SOB.

Aarin

Awwwwww :(

I wanted to see fat head get his ass kicked.

TCYB

I respect this man for the right decision for the right reasons...

MrHarryBawls2016

I am a promoter and I'm trying to get Bruce Jenner to fight Chaz Bono. The winner will get 1 ticket to see a taping of The Steve Wilkos Show and $99 in spending money.

politicallyincorrect

Him and dmx looked on the mirror they were doing lines of blow on and went "hey broham, dat bees the beaner dude with the gun, wasn't a good idea for lil tray to bring fists to a gun fight, we bee out of here, yo plates ain't expired is day???"

WTF

There has to be a promoter willing to make the fight happen. Too many people would love to see Zimmerman get his ass beaten.

Chris

Oh stop with the conscience BS. When bottom dwelling s*** suckers can't find a way to turn a few bucks profit, game over. Zimmerman should be shunned from any attention. Right TMZ? Who am I kidding...

oleman

at least zimmerman was going to donate the money to charity, DMX was only in it for the money...........

KicksandGiggles

Translation: Too much liability

Mercy

I wonder if it was really his conscience, or if he realized the majority of his sponsors and supporters reflect the opinion of the majority; that Zimmerman murdered that young man and a name earned in blood doesnt equate to celebrity

Jessica

SOMEONE was going to get murdered at that event... and I'm not even talking about george or dmx. thank god it got cancelled.

News Flash

Rachel Jeantel- "That's real retarded...sir."

LunarJunk