Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

OK

Another Hollywood child star in desperate need of help. smh.

Mikey

If he really had any sense of art he'd buy a bunch of Frisbees , tie a string to two sides of it and stand on a street corner selling his hat invention to china men.

Ron Fing Swanson

Get this guy some help.

Ginger

Winning!!!

Art Luvr

He got weird with it like Macaulay did. https://www.facebook.com/iamsorryart lol

Pondscum

ART? ART? WTF...You want art...I call this "Getting back to my roots". I dress like Kanye, and then I sling poo at everyone that walks by from inside a cage! Now THATS what I call art imitating life!!!

blakhoode

Dude is gonna end up offing himself.

Questdelsangraal

What a loser.

sevotery

Maybe he is thinking of killing himself? and thats why he is saying "I am sorry" (for what is to come) and the items are like things to remember him by?

Just a thought. But if he really is having problems someone like his parents Shayna and Jeffrey need to intervene and really have a deep conversation with him about whats wrong, maybe he doesn't even know whats wrong with himself. Anyway just take him to a hospital .

CremeBrulee

Well. If he is truly 5150 material, Ill put a moratorium on my snarking. I hope he gets the help he needs. He's an attractive young man with his whole life ahead of him. I'd hate to see him lose it.

Ummmm

I think he knows exactly what he is doing. Ala Joaquin Phoenix. If I am wrong than I hope he works it out.

blamko

I don't think he's pulling a Joaquin Phoenix.

jay26mc

It's all just an act.

Barbara

I think he is having a break down. Very sad!! He's a suicide candidate.

John

Here we go again. He's having a breakdown. Probably bipolar - putting great significance in objects. Crying.
Talk to somebody, but don't let on.