Eddie Murphy

'Purported African American'

Sued for $50 Million

2/24/2014 11:49 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0224_eddie_brando_murphy_tmz
Eddie Murphy does NOT own the name Murphy ... and an indignant comedian --  Brando Murphy -- is determined to prove that point with a new $50 MILLION defamation lawsuit.

Brando claims Eddie is hell-bent on destroying his career, which Brando thinks is rooted in absurd vanity.

It looks like Brando is trying out new material in  his lawsuit, saying, "The name Murphy is of Irish decent ... and not exclusive to Eddie Murphy, a 'Black Man' of African Ancestry and a purported African American."

As for Eddie's grumblings that Brando tries to look and act like him, Brando fires back, "[i] did not create [myself] and that the way [I] looks is an act of GOD."

Brando says he never tried to pass himself as Eddie's son.  He does not address the fact that he appeared in the stage act, Sons of Comedy, which also featured Richard Pryor's son.

BTW ... Brando also claims one of Eddie's people threatened to have him killed.

For his troubles ... Brando wants a modest $50 mil.

Eddie's lawyer, Marty Singer,  tells TMZ ... "This is an absolutely ridiculous lawsuit, and we are confident it will be immediately dismissed by the court."

Lina

I wish him luck with that. Sounds like a cash grab.

That said, he does look a LOT like Eddie Murphy, and Eddie has racked up 8 kids between 4 baby mamas... I would not be at all surprised if he has some more out there. Better call Maury!

marvin nubwaxer

"The name Murphy is of Irish decent ... "
who is the comedian that wrote "decent" instead of "descent"?

EnquirerLover

I think he is going through the Trace Atkins syndrome. When your doppleganger is now better than the real thing.

rob

He looks to much like Eddie. You sure he isn't your child Eddie?

daved0622

What is your real name? never heard of you but I bet it's not either Brando or Murphy, a big nose and mustache does not make you related. move on you nobody.

Ray8

Be prepared to pay court costs and Eddies attorney fees.

MrHarryBawls2016

Ever since Eddie Murphy was caught with that male prostitute in 97 I dont think he has done one talk show (like Letterman, Leno, O'Brien) because he's afraid they will ask him about it. He has always said he was just trying to help the hooker out by giving him/her a ride. At 4 am in West Hollywood Eddy??? Come on my dear son. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. And stop making crappy movies or retire altogether. I think the last movie I saw of Murphy's was The Golden Child. Time to join Mel Gibson and Michael Richards in the Wall of Shame and go away for a permanent vacation.

TruthTold

Marty Singer Eddie Murphy...wasn't that the combo that absurdly said Murphy never dated transgender girls and paid them to keep quiet..Transphobic Hollywood hypocrites at their finest.. A great duo.

Chris Putro

I host/produce a standup show in LA. I booked Brando on my show in October. He cancelled the day of the show and then arrogantly expected to get a spot the following week. I said no, if you cancel, you get bumped to the bottom of the list. Eventually in December he did my show and wasn't especially funny. Then he spammed me a couple times on Facebook with his video so I defriended him. Tonight at the start of my show I made a reference to this TMZ story and the defriending. Someone tipped him off and he showed up shortly thereafter, interrupted the show, got in my face and accused me of talking **** about him. I said get out of here, I'm trying to run a comedy show. He and his stereotypical "posse" then went to the bathroom to lie in wait so they could ambush me. I knew better. They eventually came back out to interrupt another comedian's set and Brando again got in my face about "talking ****". I threatened to call the cops and the bartender had to escort him out and calm him the **** down. Consensus of the comedians on the show (most of whom have worked with Brando) was that he's severely ill, and that his parents (including Eddie Murphy) should get him the best care possible. Actually their consensus was "**** Brando".

NOT ELMO

Eddie Murphy does NOT own the name Murphy ... and an indignant comedian -- Brando Murphy --...........I HEAR BRANDO ALSO CALLS HIMSELF BRANDO SMITH, BRANDO JACKSON, BRANDO FISHBURNE, BRANDO OBAMA....YEAP, BRANDO DOES NOT COPY FROM FAMOUS LAST NAMES...

frank

man this ***** name is brandon robinson, he aint funny hes a wack lil kid from ft lauderdale chasing fame. he better becareful before he gets his ass in trouble lmao

iAngel