Liza Minnelli

Ellen Called Me a Drag Queen ...

And it Wasn't Funny

3/4/2014 6:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

030414_liza_minnelli_launch_v2
Liza Minnelli didn't like the joke Ellen DeGeneres cracked about her at the Oscars ... suggesting she was actually a drag queen.

Liza and a male companion hit up Craig's restaurant in West Hollywood Monday night ... and Liza made it clear -- Ellen's joke backfired big time.

Liza's note to Ellen:  She should have stopped and acknowledged they were friends, but instead Ellen blew through to the next joke, so it sounded mean.

But Liza says she's sure Ellen was filled with the best of intentions.
 030414_liza_oscars_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

August

How many handfuls of Vicodin & shots of bourbon did Lisa have in the back seat of her limo?

jaymetal

She didn't look to torn up over it. Where is the drama? Geez..

PressHollywood

I am sure Ellen "leather Face & Homely" DeGeneres would have gotten mad if she was called a woman.

T-Roy

Sorry Liza. It is a statistical fact that you are the number one transexual character to dress as. Not gay, but transexual.

iaminnocent

Everyone knows Liza has issues so making fun of her was cruel. I was surprised at Ellen.

KDL

I watched a do***entary on her mother awhile back. There's a long history of gay men in the family, Liza should be VERY comfortable gay humor. Her father was at least bisexual and both Judy and Liza both married gay men. She's has to know drag queens "do" both she and her mother on a regular bases.

Bubbaboy14

Ellen sometimes gets way to full of herself... and she can be a bit to much! That was hurtful...If you put the shoe on the other foot I'm sure that Ellen would fell the sting! Respect all your elders... like you respect you Mom ellen!

franklyspeaking

He's gorgeous.

rayy

Funny, I was thinking when I heard it that they must be friends--I don't think Ellen would have said it otherwise.

Glenda

Ellen will do and say anything for attention. She really worked at being the Top Dog at the Academy..never mind the Real Stars.. It was all about Ellen. anything for attention.

jude

Helen was out order and to call liza a tranny is not what the ocars is aboat I was not amused

LuckyLucy2

I didn't find it humorous at all!

geraldr5

Love Ellen; Love Liza, I didn't laugh at the joke for one second. I thought it was in terrible taste. On the other hand, I'm sure Ellen didn't mean to hurt or be malicious.

Lynne

I am sorry for the death of a very fumy lady. I liked her humor and who cares if she had nips and tucks to keep her youthful appearance.. Having said that, lets hope she's allowed to go to the Great Beyond and remember her only occasionally.

Previous 15 Comments | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27