Teresa Giudice & Husband

Plead Guilty in Bank Fraud Case

Face Years In Prison

3/4/2014 8:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0304-giudice-tmz-02-arrival
Teresa and Joe Giudice just pled guilty in their massive money fraud case -- and will likely be heading to prison.

The couple agreed to plead guilty this morning in NJ as part of a plea deal -- in which Teresa is expected to face 21 to 27 months in prison ... while Joe could get 46 months.  Joe, an Italian citizen, also faces deportation.

We're told Teresa pled guilty to 4 counts (including conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bankruptcy fraud) and Joe to 5 counts (same as Teresa, plus failure to file tax returns).

Teresa and Joe were initially indicted on a total of 41 criminal counts last year -- all between 2001 and 2011.

Among their alleged crimes -- prosecutors claim the couple used fake pay stubs, tax returns and W-2 forms to inflate their incomes and obtain nearly $5 million in mortgages and other loans. They also allegedly hid money they got from "Real Housewives" and other business ventures after filing for bankruptcy in 2009.

The couple will be sentenced at a later date.

Holy moly

Wow how stupid are they!!? I feel bad for their kids. How will they handle seeing both of their parents go to jail? Poor family. They seriously made some dumb decisions here and let their greed take over

Fry Daddy

What stupid greedy people!

STFUP

The Real Housewives of Cell Block D.

Abe

Real Housewives of Prison. Where can I pitch this show?

Fry Daddy

I hope TMZ is there with cameras to do***ent life after prison. I wanna see the little starter home they have to buy and Theresa shopping @ WalMart!

Ellen

I can't see Teresa getting any jail time because of the 4 kids. I just can't believe that they live in that HUGE mansion, everything is imported and they filed bankruptcy...how did that house not be taken away if they filed for bankruptcy?! Joe won't get a long sentence because of their "celebrity" status.

Mr. Pukey

Yet another BS "reality" show turning real. I still laugh about the fake "amish mafia" fat chick that had her a$$ kicked by her live in wanna be rapper boyfriend. Real amish of her... I wish all reality tv would go away once and for all. Including "here comes honey fat fat.". A 7 year old fat pig with boobs already. Her head looks like a pumpkin.

namers

Bravo is holding open auditions for Real Mobsters of Franklin Lakes.

Just Jay

Yay.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

When did TMZ get permission to change the English language? A person arrives "at" court not "to" court!

my 2 cents

The only bars they'll see are in restaurants.

Just Jay

I doubt he will be deported. If he did there marriage will not last. Teresa and their 4 girls enjoy their American status too much.

Alyssa

Joe has a brother and parents that live in the US, I wonder if they are also living here illegally.

Nicoleasm

I commend them for pleading guilty, but they are getting out pretty easy, with just 2 and 3 years at most. Hopefully they'll learn from this and get their life together for their kids

pbcjoe925

I dropped BRAVO from my scheduling package since they put that coked-up, drunk & screaming ***-Boy Andy Cohen in charge..if he's an executive then I'm outta there.
The channel is for degenerates starting with him since S**t can only roll downhill.