« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron James

Is Blowin' Up My Rap Career

... Says Childhood Friend

3/9/2014 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0307-sian-lebron-01LeBron James just hooked his childhood friend up in a HUGE way ... pulling some strings to help get one of his boys' rap songs on the new NBA 2K14 soundtrack ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We spoke to Sian Cotton -- who's been close with 'Bron since they were kids.  In fact, Sian says they've been having rap sessions together since they were 9.

Sian says LeBron hasn't just been supportive of his aspiring rap career -- but when LBJ learned he'd be on the cover of 2K14, he did everything he could to help get Sian's track "Almost Home" on the game.

"I'd been submitting my stuff to 2K, and then I found out LeBron was gonna be on the cover," Sian said.

Sian says he was gonna hit up James to help him out -- but when he grabbed his phone he already had a text from the Heat star that said, "'I wanna get you on the game."

"He thought of me before I could say anything."

Eventually, LeBron called him back with the good news -- "He said 'the people from '14 have been calling you. They picked your song!"

Now, Sian says he's gearing up for the release of his new album. No word if there will be a guest verse from #6.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Doodlebug

BLUE UGLY 💩

I'm world famous

Doodlebug

He doesn't look healthy he needs to not spend his time singing dumb music and get to the gym .. I bet he already has diabetes

Champagne Jayne

Scooter Braun's been looking for a new artist anyway.

NOT ELMO

I HEAR CABRON JAMES ALSO WANTS TO BE AN ACTOR, EXPECT HIM TO PLAY AQUAMAN IN THE NEXT SUPER-HERO MOVIE...

Teresa andrews

I think that's a nice thing he's doing for his friend.

Joe the plumber

Lovely combination: basketball and rap! What will be the new super star's name? lil bouncer, lil fat fugly, or me be the balzy ballz?

TMZ Superfan

Check out his videos on Youtube, he's a total carbon copy of Rick Ross, down to the aviator glasses, the beard and the raspy voice.

I was gonna genuinely give this guy a chance, given that I've worked at doing this on the Detroit level, myself. But, this dude is trash. It's sad when you clearly are trying to be like the biggest fraud in hip hop since Vanilla Ice. No wonder this guy says he's "blowin up".. people playing the game probably think they're listening to Rick Ross.

Canadasux

'Wish him the best. Hopefully he doesn't turn out to be a douchebag.

Thizz √$

Vette guy is a punk no ball's

Twilightstar

Yay!! That's Akron, Ohio in that video folks!

Truth is

What the world needs is another low IQ having rapper.....

david 183

Damn he sucks!

billybob

Three and a Half Men . . .