Justin Bieber

Latest Social Media Snafu

Offends Billions

4/23/2014 5:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0422_justin_bieber_japan_insagramJustin Bieber has once again managed to offend people via social media ... this time posting a photo of himself visiting a controversial Japanese war shrine ... mistaking it for a place of prayer.

Bieber posted (and then quickly deleted) the photo of himself and a friend standing in front of the Yasukuni Shrine, with the caption "Thank you for your blessings."

Bieber removed the photo and tried to explain the snafu later, saying, "While in Japan I asked my driver to pull over for which I saw a beautiful shrine. I was mislead to think the Shrines were only a place of prayer. To anyone I have offended I am extremely sorry. I love you China and I love you Japan."

The Yasukuni Shrine honors those Japanese who died during war ... including several imperial army who committed heinous war crimes. The shrine is a sensitive topic, particualry to the people in China and South Korea.

It was just a year ago Bieber made waves after visiting the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam and signing the guest book, "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber."

0123_justin_bieber_troubled_times_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Shaken not stirred

What an idiot! Stop trying to look like you really give a sh*t, about anything but yourself. Maybe consider an education.....

Sieron

Can someone tell me if the japananese vending machines with used panties is true is just an urban legend

notalawyer

One of the dumbest individuals alive...

liz

Ehh..anyone could have made the same mistake. And he apologized. No need to turn this into some big controversy that it isn't.

Jereas

Why are you all acting so dramatic about this? He is in a foreign country spending his time off. Its normal for a tourist to mistake some place for something else. I dont see the big deal since he deleted and apologized.

BellaJ

It was an innocent mistake that he tried to fix by deleting the pic as soon as he realized what he had done. Seriously we have all made mistakes. This one wasn't intentional IMO. He's done far worse. Just sayin'

aldz

Oooooooh boy! Maybe next time you should do a little research BEFORE you post!!

tessa

proof positive that intelligence has absolutely nothing to do with race

Zach Swan

Stick to singing, dancing and guzzling sizzurp, kid. When you open your mouth, everything goes to he11

Jenna5960

I don't understand the problem. It is a shrine. Good people died as well as the bad.

Kanga30

Beiber is a jack wagon but this was just a mistake. A total non story. Thanks TMZ for making me defend this egotistical ass.

Lew

Maybe he mistook it for The Sixteenth Chapel?

MightyMatt

Why does this idiot think he has to show a picture of himself all the time? Nobody gives a it what he does.

Redstark

Maybe he was drawn to that shrine because he himself has a pretty heinous reputation? Like attracts like.

Observer999

The kid is a major d'bag, but this is hardly his fault.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments