« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fans Should Boycott ...

Players Should Not

4/26/2014 11:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0426_magic_johnson_tmz_2
Magic Johnson
tells TMZ Sports ... he wants Donald Sterling to step down as the Clippers owner and he thinks African Americans should boycott the games until that happens.

Magic says he feels betrayed by Sterling, telling us, "I thought we were friends.  We've broken bread together several times.  It's almost like, do you smile in my face but behind my back you talk about me?  I'd have felt better in 1979 if you would have just told me you don't like African Americans, and then I would have known how to deal with you."

Magic says he strongly believes the players should focus on playing basketball and should NOT boycott Sunday's playoff game.  BUT, Magic thinks African Americans should not line Sterling's pockets by going to the games, saying, "He wants our money but doesn't want us to show up."

As for what should happen to Sterling, Magic is clear:  "He has to step down or sell the team."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

grabon

I 100% agree. That f*ck wouldn't get a penny of my money, but the players should do it for the fans

Truth

Magic is just jealous because the Lakers aren't The Game in L.A. anymore. And, here we go again with some uppity types thinking they are in charge of who owns what.

HRH Prince Michael

Pure HYPOCRISY.

Maybe, "Magic", "Rev." Jackson, "Rev." Sharpton,
"Rev." Wright, and "Minister" Farrakhan should
hold a protest in HYMIETOWN!
That'll show those "White Interlopers"!

Craigslist.com/Hymietown/Rant and Rave Section:
"The House of David:
Psalm2_014 NOW"

O

Typical 1%. They put their fake smiles on and say "heyyy how are ya??" but at the end of the day their children better not come home with one of "them".

Rigby

Team Magic. He seems like a nice guy.

pudge facker

Give him the AIDS, Magic! That'll learn him.

Wow ...

Unfortunately, the players have to play at least due to a contract. Personally I wouldn't hold it against their future career's if they chose not to, but I can imagine they feel stuck. Fans of the clippers should stay away whether they are black or white. I don't want to line his pockets with more money.

Vasquez

Magic is wrong! No fans should go to the games to line his pockets!

brownmsjones

Didn't nobody boycott the Lakers when yo ass came out with aids. That's cold. Here is entitled to voice his feelings about who his girlfriend brings to his building.

James R. - Los Angeles

Yes, Sterling should apologize and step down. Do you know who else should step down? All sharpton and Jesse Jackson!

Godswoman1

Was a dedicated clipper fan 20+ years ago...stopped being fan when he said he would not rent to blacks and Mexicans...showed his colors then to me....shameful...Racist is alive and kicking ....people of color wake up...

My_Kingdom_For_A_Nose

Hey Magic, if that's the tack you want to take then tell Al Sharpton to give up his Politics Nation show on MSNBC for all of the outrageous and public anti-Semitic and homophobic comments he's made over the years.

Do it.

atlakestlouis

I agree! It amazes me that this owner, perhaps others, exploits minorities for the power of the mighty dollar and can't stomach their existence! In this case his exploitation is so arrogant to the point he sleeps and breaks bread with those he innately hates!

jay_shaw95

Racism is still alive magic is right African Americans shouldn't pay their money and go to the game if he don't won't black people there and majority of the clippers team is black **** Donald sterling bitch.

HumanNature

HEY RACIST FOOLS

DID YOU KNOW THAT STERLING IS A "JEW"?????

KEEP DEFENDING IGNORANT "JACKASSES" LIKE YOURSELF!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments