« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

Battling Cancer

5/2/2014 5:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Donald Sterling CancerDisgraced Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been battling cancer for several years, TMZ has confirmed.

Sterling's cancer medication, believed to be for prostate cancer, is what has caused his face to look puffy in recent years, says the New York Post. One source told the paper, "They thought he would die two years ago."

Clippers players were unaware of Sterling's alleged condition. Blake Griffin told reporters after last night's loss to the Golden State Warriors, "If that is true, my thoughts and prayers are with him. Nobody deserves to go through something like that."

Earlier this week, Sterling was banned for life by the NBA and fined $2.5 million for his racist remarks.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Truth

TMZ's jury of ghetto trash, bitter gays and fat chicks is showing it's usual class.

me_shell

Not an excuses to behave the way he has.looking for sympathy now??????

Faye

Oh please TMZ. Don't even pretend that you care. You're the one that posted an illegally gotten recording and released it to the world. I absolutely disagree with Sterling's racism but I'll defend his right to say whatever the hell he wants in the privacy of his own home and not have you idiots post it on line. I hope to God he sues you too.

DaNi

Sorry, sympathy ploy...

Laura j

To the woman( who looks very suspiciously like a man) that handed the tapes over to tmz I hope you are happy. The man is not well and you sell him out like that- what is wrong with you?

Dartan54

Karmaaaaaaaaaa is a bitch!!!!! Even though i do not wish donald sterling harm nor any negativity. But karma hits you hard even though we are all humans the fact is there is no type of racism fitting in our society

Dartan54

Suck on that dear racists karma is a mother **** haaaaa

Ember

KARMA That's all

Macc 6400

Been battling it for years, why state it to the public now? Looking for sympathy so he can fight for his team back when the NBA still kicks his ass out. He gets no sympathy from me, he's a s***bag. Since he knew he was dying, he should've had a revelation and changed his character like most people do.

Dartan54

+1(787)598-1656 giving free hotel/plane tickets for a contest call toll free an answer few ?

Sargio

What kind of cancer? Pretty much all men get prostate cancer at some point if we last to 80 something. This guy is old and rich, he is a 1 percenter, he is a hoarder of money and he is a cause of the income gap. Racist or not, I have no sympathy. I do hope he doesn't suffer, and with his access to top notch medication I doubt he will, but I will not mourn him when he's gone.

negreat

Those who haven't sinned throw first stone! Sterling has more important problems to worry about! Magic Johnson should know what it is like to have a serious illness and to pray for Sterlong. Be a bigger person and pray for Sterling.

shanta588

So know he's throwing the sympathy story lol good thing I dont give a **** he just better be lucky that he dont have Michael Jackson dr. Me personally I dont care if a white racist person die they're obviously not going to be happy on this earth.

LiZzY

What stirling said is just wrong but I would never wish ANYBODY even people that are just dick heads to have cancer because I now what it feels like and its not an easy road and sometimes chemo can make you feel depressed and mad and make you do and say things you didn't mean to say am NOT defending him but chemo can sometimes **** you up more then what you are already ...only god can judge him period

iluvwhiteppl