Scotty McCreery

Home Invasion Victim

5/5/2014 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0505-scotty-mcreery-tmz-01
update_graphic_red_bar
1:26 P.M. PDT
--  Scotty is now talking about the robbery. He just Tweeted, "Yes, it was definitely a very scary night. Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case." Scotty also thanked police for their quick response and said, "I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation."
update_grey_gray_bar
Country singing former "American Idol" star Scotty McCreery was a victim of a home invasion robbery Monday morning.

The Season 10 "Idol" winner was visiting friends at an apartment around 2AM near the North Carolina State University campus -- where McCreery is a student -- when the incident occurred.

According to law enforcement, 3 gunmen barged into the unit -- while McCreery and his friends were inside -- and made off with cash, wallets, and other property, including valuable electronics.

We also obtained the 911 call which includes a bunch of other details -- the caller says the intruders were black, dressed in black sweat pants and gray hoodies. The caller says he was in another room when they barged in, but he could hear them say, "Everyone on the floor. Give us everything you've got."

No one was injured.

angie

Anyone who cares raise your hand.

BLUE UGLY 💩

better call saul

Lexie

His many fans care. This is terrible. Even if he was a complete unknown, it would still be terrible. He had to wonder if they were there for him, and what they might do. The robbers went past other apartments and targeted this one. Can he keep on living a normal life now?

Mr Barcliff

SOUNDS LIKE A CLASSIC INSIDE JOB, MEANING AS SOON AS SCOTT ARRIVES JUST BY CHANCE AFTER 2AM THEY DECIDE TO INVADE THE HOME THEN? REALLY? I MEAN WHAT ARE THE CHANCES? SLIM AND NONE. SCOTT HAS TO KNOW THIS UNTIL THE END OF TIME. WHEN YOU ATTAIN ANY FAME, ALL ARENT HAPPY FOR YOU AND THEY TEND TO THINK YOU HAVE MONEY(VALUABLES) AND THEY WILL SET YOU UP. I WAS ALMOST SET UP(THOUGH NOT FAMOUS) BEING I HAVE SOME COINS BY PEOPLE I "THOUGHT" I WAS COOL WITH. FORTUNATELY I WAS WARNED BY THE PERSON WHO THEY SENT TO ROB ME NOT TO TRUST ANYBODY ANYMORE AND BE CAREFUL WERE I GO AND WHO WITH BECAUSE PEOPLE SEE ME AS A MARK!!!! WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY AND FAME ITS WORSE. GLAD SCOTT IS OK, BE CAREFUL SCOTT, DONT GO OUT AT 2AM VISITING PEOPLE ANYMORE AND BE CAUTIOUS OF YOUR FRIENDS. ALL THE BEST AT COLLEGE TO YOU!!! LGNM

Just A Random Thought

NOBODY MOVE!!! I dropped my nuts!!

Truth

NO SURPRISE... GAY COUNTRY FELLOW CANT DEFEND HERSELF. #TRUTH!!

Carl

Used to live in NC. So happy I don't anymore.

Joshua

Those Bojangles commercials must have pissed someone off.

American HORROR

Nothing good happens after 2 am. Hasn't HIMYM taught us NOTHING?

01void

He should of sung them a song.

Livvie

A victim of the ugly stick too...

twocentz

i dont get why everyone is saying this is a set up when he got robbed at someone else's apartment. besides his wallet, the electronics and such probably weren't his. hopefully he didnt keep much cash in his wallet. if they were targeting him, they shoulda robbed his apartment while his was at someone else's.

HarpAttack

He should have shut the door and put the lights down low.

Yurra Knutz

Black sweat pants and gray hoodies??
The universal uniform for after 2am criminal activity.
Did they put the loot in a bag with dollars signs on it to?

Clyde T.M. Nestra

This is actually a serious news story. What's it doing on TMZ? But seriously, these dudes are lucky they only lost their crap and not their lives. Breaking in with guns, not cool.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments