Columbus Short's Alleged Victim

You Getting Fired Is NOT My Problem

5/7/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0506_columbus_short_tmzThe guy Columbus Short allegedly beat up in a bar fight has had it with the former "Scandal" star  ... and now plans to sue after an out-of-court settlement fell apart because Columbus pled poverty.

The victim's lawyer tells TMZ ... Short offered to pay a handsome sum to settle with the guy he allegedly knocked out. But the lawyer says Columbus pulled the plug, saying he was just sacked from "Scandal" and his income stream dried up like a riverbed in drought-stricken California.

We're told the victim had asked Columbus for several hundred thousand dollars to cover medical expenses -- including an expected surgery to repair facial fractures.  And of course, he wants something for his pain and suffering.

We're told Columbus can expect a lawsuit as early as Friday.

Columbus' lawyer had no comment.

0331-columbus-short-victim-wm_swipe

Rigby

Hahahahahahahahha! This blew up in the guys face. He thought hey I'll make a quick buck piss off an actor get a check but oh wait he lost his job. Haha no money for you! Byeee 🙋

Ojay21

He got knocked the **** out!!!

BLUE UGLY 💩

Fighting is bad

Davis

Sick of losers crying for damabes after they lose a fair fight. Man up you *****s

Davis

damages

Sad-Sad

NEVER HAVE HEARD OF THIS DUDE!
NO JOKE
DONT CARE EITHER

01void

Pay'm in bitcoins

HumanNature

ANOTHER $$$$$$$ HUNGRY DUMMY!!!!!!!

HE SHOULD HAVE FILED CHARGES AGAINST BROKE ASS COLUMBUS!!!!

sarahsarai

Suing is gangsta!

zombie

Dumb azzholes do nothing but fight and money grab. This is what happens when two idiots get together and have a squabble. A beating, a lawsuit, an "I am broke" plea, and then 20 TMZ stories on a non-issue.

Tazz

To late to get on that money train. It's gone left you. lol

Ben

Why do people want to fight then want to sue after they lose. Man up and take your ass kicking and move on with your life.

Bill5martin

He said he quit. This guy is an idiot for not getting it fast. I would have had him sign a agreement to pay medical bills & a fine me at least $100,000 for pain & suffering. Not to mention his freedom, because he would have faced years. I would have wanted half upfront for the pain & suffering. Plus any payment for medical at that time. Then a payment each week till it was paid. His medical bills with be at least $100,000+ on the low side. I got a huge bill for 10hrs in a ER bed for a kidney stone. It was my first. I was given a CAT scan ($700-$800). Plus fluids & 3 or 4 shots of Dilaudid in my IV, which the nurse said was 4 or 5x stronger then morphine. I was given a shot of another pain killer they said was like Motrin, because of high blood pressure from pain. I was also given a few 8 oz cans of ginger ale for cotton mouth & that is it. They also have me a script for Percocet on my way out. The bill was almost $10,000 & my insurance had just run out a few weeks prior. So it was like $1,000 an hour. I went a few years later & didn't have insurance this time either. They knew I owed them money. So they had me get a xray instead of a CAT scan. A shot of morphine in my IV, when that didn't work they have me a 1mg shot of Dilaudid, which worked & sent me home with another script for Percocet. This time the bill was like $2,000-$3,000 for a couple of hours..... I had a friend who was shot & spent a night in the hospital. They cleaned his wound & gave him pain killers. The bullet missed his heart by centimeters,. His bill was $20,000+. So I can only imagine this guy's bill. It will be pretty big. Depending on his stay & any surgery needed on his nose.

calichrome

Well I don't think you can call it a "fight". The guy was talking smack, Columbus knocked him out, the end.

Usagi-chan