« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

Blasts Magic For 'Having AIDS'

'He Should Be Ashamed'

5/13/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

051214_andeson_cooper_sterling_launch_v2
Donald Sterling
says Magic Johnson is a bad example for the children of L.A. because of what he did to "get A.I.D.S." back in the '90s ... and says he should be ashamed of himself.

Sterling made the comments to Anderson Cooper during his big CNN interview ... saying "To do what [Magic] did and then get A.I.D.S. ... I mean, come on."

For the record, Magic does not have A.I.D.S. -- but was diagnosed H.I.V. positive back in 1991.

Sterling continued his attack on Magic -- saying, "Big Magic Johnson ... what has he done? He's got A.I.D.S."

"What kind of a guy goes to every city and has sex with every girl? Then he catches H.I.V. ... is that someone we wanna respect and tell our kids about? I think he should be ashamed of himself. I think he should go into the background."

Sterling also said he believes Magic tricked him into staying quiet in the days after TMZ Sports published the original audio recording as part of a diabolical plot to take over the Clippers.

Sterling also just called Anderson Cooper a RACIST -- saying, "I think you have more of a plantation mentality than I do ... and I think you're more of a racist than I am."

Sterling didn't explain why he believes Cooper is a racist.

Sterling seems to be in denial about how the players feel about him -- saying they still "love me." He says the media hates him.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EnquirerLover

Bombaclot! The old man spilling the facts on everybody. Get off your chest old boy. Get off... But the owners should be aware that if they set this situtaion as a precedent that more scandals don't cause other repercussions such as their own personal lives being revealed! And the way I am hearing Donald talking, sounds like the man is ready to blow up on everybody! I respect the man for facing this as humble as he could. But for real, where do we draw the line on freedom of speech and that of being called a hate crime? One minute you can't say black, next can't say gay. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with calling someone a old Jew? Now that to me seems like a bias play on things. Racisim will always exsist. Just saying....
Oh and he is right about Magic. He (and others) have done too little for minorities. And I also think it's verrrrrry wrong for the commissioner Silver to be attending games with Magic at this time. He should respect the situation and stay at a professional distance as to not cause a conflict of interest , as seems to be the case here. Silver probably getting a big pat on the wallet to encourage the sale of this team. I hope Donald Trump socks it to them and buys it from all those other big shots who set this whole thing up in order to oust these TRUE DEDICATED OWNERS OF OVER 30 YEARS!
To all Owners: Beware, your not shooting yourself in the foot by voting them out.
The man did nothing to deserve this amount of fcukery! Calm down and carry on.

gegeok

Wow.. where is GLAD..with all the civil rights talk..no where..they care about themselves..and wanna use the civil rights struggle...GTFOH

ericcaro

Haha aint that the truth donald sterling is one crazy old man

ts

Um... wasn't he trying to sleep with the chick who ratted him out? Couldn't HE have caught something that way? I think he's just jealous he has to PAY a woman to get near him..

DingleBerry

Did the Commodore own any slaves? Vanderbilts had some plantations didn't they? Come on, at least he didn't go all Django unchained on AC.... Magic, well everyone knows he's got something in common with V Stiviano... they're both ho's....

Power news

american people join in http://powernewsgreece.blogspot.gr/ for learn news for greece and all world.

Jeannie Buxo

can this piece of dirt just disapear? disgusting what comes out of this *******s mouth.

angela mcmullen

why on this gods green earth would he say somthing like that. Magic has been an inspiration to so many people. SHAME ON HIM FOR HIMSELF AND GIVE GRACE TO THOSE WHO KNOW HIM.

Dee-DeeTheBamaChick

Well his old ass ought to be ashamed of looking like the crypt keeper.......with his old ass!

Luna

Sterling needs to just keep quite and lay low for the rest of his years ( which at his age they're not many)

nof

Donald Sterling is a great business man and person.

But a product of his times, age and environment.

Rather that take-this-wide, go on the attack?

I'd see a good Beverly Hills psychiatrist/therapist.

Get help altering my vision/thought-process.

I had to do this - and it's helped a lot.

We all need "thinking-check-ups" every so often.

So rather than hate on DS or MJ ... or anyone...

I'd go in for a tune-up.

If nothing else it stops the damage in its' tracks.

Don might think there's shame in doing this -

But it'd prove he's willing to upgrade/change.

guy

This guy is UNF@KNbelieveable!!

Madelaine J

Does this man not have a publicist or an advisor?!?! For goodness sake! Someone help this man shut up.

CWHumphrey

Stick a fork in him.

cluesarethere

Can the NBA put a man who is mentally ill on trial??