Phil Robertson

Yeah, I Meant What I Said About Gays

5/22/2014 6:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

052214_phil_robertson_launch
Phil Robertson
is stronger than ever that homosexuality is an evil that deserves disdain and eternal damnation.

The "Duck Dynasty" star gave a fire-and-brimstone sermon on Easter Sunday ... way stronger than his comments to GQ last December that triggered a brief suspension from the show.

Robertson told his congregation last month, "Neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolators, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Robertson also scoffed at the media for criticizing them ... scoffing that reporters were ignorant when it comes to the bible.

Amy Day Royall

I was he is going to hell then for swindling good people out of their money. Bigot!

Enlightener_Illuminator

Yes, he's entitled to his opinion... But no wonder why suicide rates are so HIGH amongst LGBTs, especially teenagers! How do you think 12, 13, 14, 15+ year-old LGBTs feel when reading, hearing such statements and seeing so many people clap, applause, cheer and spew anti-gay venom all over the web in comments?!

That effect is REAL! I was 14 when I first went online in 1995. People were barely discovering and using the net back then. We're now in 2014 and the net has become an integral part of our lives! Teens are always online! They do see and read that stuff and it does affect them. Such statements also encourage homophobia. That's my beef with that whole issue. Thinking that way is one thing (just think the effect it might have on his children). But publicly preaching such venom is even worse! It contaminates hordes of people who blindly agree with his message! That's what causes LGBTs to be so bullied, rejected (even by family members), beaten up, tortured, imprisoned, executed, forced into unwanted heterosexual marriage, conned by so-called "conversion" or "reparative" therapies, raped and even commit suicide!

Comments left on sites such as this one show how much such statements encourage hatred and homophobia.

ironica

To all those criticizing Phil because gay people "have a right to love who they want". Totally agree with you. But isn't it a little inconsistent to then tell Phil to "shut up and sit down"?? Doesn't he also have rights - to practice (and interpret) his religion? I have no idea why I spent 2 minutes writing that. I'm pretty sure nobody on this site will actually comprehend the logic. So this post wasn't a total waste of time for you, I'll say: Kardashians are SO stupid!!

classic23

No he is using the lords name to spreads his ideas and opinions. Yes the bible talks about homosexuality however god also said let he that is without sin cast the first stone. How can he judge other peoples sins when he has sinned himself? No I'm not a homosexual I'm straight married Christian with two and a half kids yet I refuse to go around treating ppl that way I cannot judge anyone else's life but my own

franklyspeaking

A book written by dead men.. Lets believe in talking snakes 99 year olds building arcs too #TotalRubbish #WhenTheChristianworldtreatseveryonekind #BasicThemeofBibleisCompletelyignored

Nona

Anything he says is kind of irrelevant if you don't believe in his god. Are all the "sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, prostitutes, thieves, greedy,drunkards, slanderers, and swindlers" not offended? I'm pretty sure he's just listed everyone, including a vast majority of Christians. So all of you need to get your pitchforks and torches, and chase someone around, giving them all the attention you can, for telling you that won't get into a heaven that you don't even believe in. High-five!

Tam

Oh my goodness! Who cares what he says? This man is entitled to his own opinion. This country is so sensitive about everything!! Are people really this naive? Everybody harbors some type of prejudice whether they want to admit it or not. That's life. You make someone accept you...you have to accept yourself first & be confident in who you are! If that happens then maybe people could ignore ignorant comments that people make.

International Pedophile Awareness Day June 25

"Thou shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

I.E. - Thou shalt not BUTT PLUG!

~ GOD ~

ILL LIFE

I used to watch that show, and while the bible may say what it says, doesnt it also say god forgives all? I do not watch their show anymore because they are all just bible thumping hypocritical ****WITS.

miss b

I'm just curious,are there any Christian gays ?
Now please don't attack me, I really don't know.

DirkDiggler

I only pay attention to missy

ElisabethIsDisgusting

Funny thing— one of the commandments is not to commit adultery, which this ******* has done repeatedly.

know the source

He was quoting scripture:

I Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

The Maharincess of Franistan

I can smell him and his backwoods trash brood from here.

Tam

That fact that there are close to 400 comments on this story and hardly any on the others, should tell everybody that this subject matter is not and will never be accepted. It's been 50 plus years since this country was "de-segregated" and racism is still prevalent in 2014. What makes people think that "same-sex" anything will be truly accepted?