Backstreet Boys

Sweden Pays Us Like Rock Stars

5/23/2014 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0522-backstreet-boys-getty-02
The Backstreet Boys haven't had a huge hit in years ... but they're still earning 1990s-sized paychecks.

Sources close to BSB say they just collected close to $750K to star in a Swedish commercial ... singing a version of "Larger Than Life" ... for a Swedish warehouse store.

Brian Littrell tells us the guys divided the spoils evenly -- so, if you do the math, that's $150K a piece.  Brian pocketed extra cash.. because he was the co-writer of the tune.

The commercial shows them slaving away in a warehouse when they suddenly break into song.

Now here's the hook ... they changed the lyrics from "larger than life" to "lager than life."  Lager means warehouse in Swedish.

Swedish humor ... it's not that funny.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Good for them. No doubt they all have bills to pay.

DiM

Not really a fan of the music, but these guys work hard and still tour all over the place.....from what I hear they put on a great show for their fans. I think they deserve their successes.

livey02

Just love them!! They put on one of the greatest concerts ever!! Lots of dancing,energy, special-effects so awesome

ASH

harvey sold out sterling to make a buck
just proof how greedy jews are!
they control the media.

harveyisalwaysright

It was surprising to see them in this is the end. Good to see alcohol and drugs didn't destroy them

zombie

No shame in their game. Get that money bitches!

justmyopinion

tmz please have some respect for this group..why are you always trying to bash them? They are still together after all this years and still very successful.

justmyopinion

...oh and tmz you need to do your research this group is selling out each of thier concerts..even today!

texasannie

I'll always love them. And they still have such great voices. Hell even pulling out the original dance moves for LTL. Good for them for making some easy coin here. and for those who think they have "bills to pay" guess again. these guys are set for life and still work their butts off.

Jessica

I have all the respect in the world for the boys! Just saw them in concert on the 8th actually! It was my 5th BSB concert since I was 15! (And I'm 30 now) They've been around a very long time and they are STILL going strong! Good for them!

Dog And Pony

Their music isn't my taste at all, but they should get the $$$ while they can. This is the tail end of their potential revenue from the BSB franchise.

realjoshua

Gay....

Ax

Not funny? Come on, it's great! /Ax The Swede

crlady17

Been a fan since I was 6 years old! I'm now 22 and for the first time last year I saw them in concert it was a dream come true! They still got the dancing moves love the BSB <3

Mike

lol this commercial is great!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments