« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shelly Sterling

I'm Accepting Offers this Week

To Sell the Clippers

5/27/2014 12:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0526-shelly-sterling-clippers-01

Shelly Sterling will accept offers this week to buy the Los Angeles Clippers  ... and a frontrunner is a group led by former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We broke the story ... Shelly met with Ballmer Sunday at her Malibu home, and our sources say his group made "a very competitive offer."

Sources tell us .. Shelly and her lawyer Pierce O'Donnell have put the word out ... they'd like to make a deal THIS WEEK.  We're also told NBA Commissioner Adam Silver is aware of what she's doing.  O'Donnell would not comment but we're told Shelly and Silver have an open line of communication.

We're told there are several other potential buyers in which Shelly is interested, including:

-- Grant Hill Group (Hill is a former NBA star who teamed up with investment partners)
-- Magic Johnson and the Guggenheim Partners (a financial company based in Chicago)
-- Patrick Soon-Shiong (surgeon turned multi-billionaire businessman)
-- David Geffen and Larry Ellison

Our sources say Oprah Winfrey is no longer in the running.

TMZ Sports broke the story ... Donald has turned full control of the team over to Shelly and she is privately negotiating with Silver to allow her to sell the team on her terms.  The team could be worth upwards of $1.5 billion.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FreaKKa

This lady is scary looking!

Joe

Shelly - I will make an offer for 157 dollars. Have your people get back to me with a response.

kimkardashianstalkingass

Shelly Sterling: "No, Donald. That's not true. The Clippers only being sold on the 'Black Market' was just a joke. But Donald, that joke wasn't nearly as funny as you giving away all that money and you didn't even get to sleep with that slvt Stiviano."

myopinion

Shelly is such a liar...She know who she is selling to it is Steve Ballmer. I hope he leaves them in Los Angeles not do what he did in Washington.

Glory Bee

Wait... Steve Ballmer....another old,white, rich, jewish guy. Oh the irony.

AP1

#BringBackOurSonics

juggalo 6

Magic Johnson and the Guggenheim Partners - but Oprah is not in the running? Oprah is represented and practically owns Guggenheim Partners. Do your research TMZ. Just like I have been saying from day one. This was all a con job by Oprah and Magic Johnson to steal the Clippers. Magic will end up with the team. How stupid does TMZ really think we are?

Mypeoplesmh

Stand up don't sell!!! Sink the whole league be4 u sale!! I'm a 32 year old black dude from Louisiana and I knew from middle-school that sterling had races views!! So it's an insult to me for magic to get on the tv all butt hurt because of all this foolishness!! What magic is telling me is, he was never talking about me cause I'm magic, he was talking about all the rest of u little negros!!! And the rest of y'all house negros took his money knowing how he felt, so eat it and push on or stand up break your contract and get your azz handed to you in court!!! Otherwise shut the phuck up!! I'm sick of this shyt!! Who holding who back

kimkardashianstalkingass

That picture of Shelly at the top of this article - that's the scowl she has on her face when someone that isn't white comes to rent one of her apartments.

Gretel

One thing I'll give Shelly Sterling credit for is not going the LA Plastic route like most of the women her age do. On the other hand, I think she could use a good dermatologist for a few peels and some moisturizer, and a really good makeup person.

ChrisAllstar

Yes Shelley admirable thing to do for the future of the Clippers.

rIOT5000

$2

The New Improved Sock Puppet

She's no dummy. She knows it's time to cut her losses because she represents him in the matter of the team.

boo boo

The new owners had BETTER keep the team in Los Angeles.

scoopie

so, what happens now? everyone who wants to buy the team has to take a lie detector test as to whether they're racist or not?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments