« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Doctor Says ...

I Didn't Lie to Him!

6/20/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0619_donald_sterling_doc_launch

Donald Sterling
knew full well he was being tested for Alzheimer's when a doctor examined him last month ... but it's unclear if Donald knew his control over the L.A. Clippers was on the line.

TMZ Sports has obtained a letter written by the examining doctor to Shelly Sterling's lawyer, Pierce O'Donnell.  According to the letter, the doc met Donald at his house on May 22.  Shelly was also present.

After the exam the doctor concluded Donald's mind was impaired by the disease, to the point he was "at risk of making potentially serious errors of judgment, impulse control, and recall in the management of his finances and his trust."

Here's what's murky.  It's unclear if Donald knew he was being examined for the purpose of determining if he should be stripped of control over the team.  The doctor explains Sterling had previously been examined by a doctor at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center who concluded he had Alzheimer's, and the doctor was there for a second opinion.

The doctor writes, "I asked him if he knew why I was there, and he said, 'I think so.'"

Donald went nuts on the doctor's answering machine, accusing him of sandbagging him.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

whiteblack

Lies

Your S&M Girlfriend

Since she betrayed Donald Sterling and bit the hand that fed her because mean old Shelly was going after her. I hope Shelly goes full bore and sues the bitch for not only the "gifts" she coerced from Donald by providing sexual favors to him, but she adds whatever she can to the charges that caused her to sell the team. I hope that Stiviano skank ends up on TMZ with pictures of her living out of the only luxury car he gave her that she managed to keep, digging for food in a grocery store dumpster.

Joao

so.... TMZ, how much were you guys paid to perpetuate the latest ruse of Don Sterling having ALZHEIMER to explain away his comments---I'll bet everything that Harvey wouldn't have sighed on to this latest PR campaign had Sterling said what he really feels about Jews--and I'm sure he's seen the really dark side of those folks.

TMZjunkie

Is there an explanation as to why the doctor saw nothing wrong with disclosing Sterling's medical info to the lawyer? Maybe I'm confused.

zombie

TMZ has an unhealthy obsession with this man. The Sterling case is old. No one cares any more.

Steve

He never even really said anything that racist anyway and never used a derogatory term or epitaph ever. He just likes black hookers, bj's and is going bonkers. Lighten up people.

LaughAtU

The doctor is a HER not a him. You idiots can't do anything right. Hipsters and queers

Gia

Leave this old man alone TMZ!

Italia

DS firt had doctors declare him to be incompetent in order to try to take back all the money, cars, condo, etc. that he gave to V. Stiviano, and he turned over control of the Trust to his wife. Now he wants to make the doctors look as if THEY are incompetent. This is all about control over the Trust, and the Trust controls DS's money AND ownership of the Clippers.

Italia

It's Donald Sterling's doctor, AND Donald Sterling's lawyer, so they both have a common interest in Donald Sterling. Lawyers don't normally have to have anything more than a retainer agreement with their client in order to get copies of their client's medical records released to them.

Politico Pablo

He was set up.

The "physician" probably asked him if he remembered what he ate for breakfast 2 days ago.

I can't remember either.

cluesarethere

"I think so"! Donald probably thought he came over for tea and crumpet. Really!?... "I think so" the doctor came over to check him for mental issues and he accepted that as an answer. Does this doctor really thinks he's in clear with "i think so". If nothing followed that.. Then the doctor never disclosed the real reason he was there. Oh...shhhhh.... It's all part of "Plan B".

FREEDOM

THIS SHOWS HOW BIG MONEY CAN CORRUPT ANYONE.

FREEDOM

THEY HAVE VIOLATED THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH.

fifilafoo

My spelling error! Sorry. See below for the word in question in caps.

I wonder if anyone noticed the different voice Stiffy-ano used when addressing someone in the room just before she asked of Donald in a SICKINGLY sweet put on voice "would you like some juice HON-NEE?"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2