Robert Downey Jr.

Son Arrested for Coke Possession (UPDATE)

6/30/2014 3:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Robert Downey Jr Son Arrested

update_graphic_red_bar
8:00 AM PDT:  Robert Downey Jr. just released the following statement to TMZ: “Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we’re all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being."

Downey adds ... "We’re grateful to the Sheriff’s department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale.”
update_grey_gray_bar
Robert Downey Jr.'
s son was arrested for cocaine possession in West Hollywood Sunday afternoon ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told Indio Downey was a passenger in a car at around 2 PM PT when cops drove up along side the vehicle and noticed the passenger was smoking something out of a pipe.

An L.A. County Sheriff's deputy pulled the car over, did a search and allegedly found cocaine in Indio's possession.  He was arrested and taken to jail for possession of cocaine.

20-year-old Indio -- who appeared in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -- posted his $10K bail and was released just after midnight Sunday.

Robert Downey Jr. famously struggled with drug addiction and ended up in prison.  The drugs that got him in so much trouble -- cocaine and heroin.

0630_celebrity_kids_troubled_times_footer

Roy Nelson

I am grieved to hear of Indio Downey's struggle with drugs. He has clearly inherited the genes of his father, Robert Downey, Jr., who has infamously battled drug abuse and is fortunately doing much better. He is sure to have many scars from his father's behavior which, if left unaddressed, will continue to haunt him and drive him to continue his own drug use. I hope Indio will seek help for overcoming his problem and that it will include a much deeper solution than simply quitting his drug use. In working with my clients, I have found that people often battle more than one addiction at a time. This is because the addiction isn't the true issue, but is a symptom of the issue. He must address the underlying problem of his drug addiction in order to find true healing. I wish Indio much peace and a journey toward total recovery.

- Roy Nelson, Spiritual Healer and Author "Love Notes from Hell" Summer 2014

Tom

Typical, I just hope and pray he doesn't commit suicide or shoot up a school.

vtajen

I love the "genetic component" excuse. My family has a history of "addiction" AND "depression." My mom was snorting crap up her nose by the time I was 7 and after that I didn't really have a Mom. At a certain point, once I started to get introduced to drugs, I decided I would NEVER snort anything up my nose because of what it did to her and my family. I will be 36 this year and I have stayed true to that promise to myself (and now my own child). We are all capable of making the right decisions and ending the negative cycles within our own families-you just have to be willing to follow through. These excuses are nothing but cop-outs for lazy behavior.

Freeway Emerson

Good on you RDJ for acknowledging the issue and being so on spot and supporting ! Your a real hero of recovery and honesty ! I admire you so much. Good luck on this journey ! Heather from Canada !

Palomino

Indio? GEEZ!

dee

Hope you get the help you need

SlickTruth

Robert Downey, SHUT THE **** UP! Dont ge t me wrong, I dig u bro, but pigeon holing your son into a permanent category as LIFE LONG ADDICT, is not concluded. For all you know he can be a recreational user who can take it or leave it. YOU are the FULL BLOWN, and the jury is still out for him. QUIT GLORIFYING YOUR LIFELONG CAST AND CRUTCH, "RECOVERY" AND LET THE MAN DEVELOP ON HIS OWN. I F&&CKEN HATE THAT ABOUT ADDICTS. rIGHT AWAY YOU TRY TO PUT PEOPLE INTO WELL DEFINED SQAURES AND THINK YOU F66CKEN KNOW IT ALL ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND THEIR JOURNEY, GOF FORBID HE THE JUNKIE YOU ARE (STILL IN RECOVERY, RIGHT?) AND LEAVE HIM BE. Robert donwey, you're a piece of **** for trying to deamnd that your son be an addict. INstead of standing on a soap box and saying "Thank you police for the intervention.." You should have kept your damn mouth shut. Who the ff**ck you think you are to determine that your son now has a lifelong addiction label on his forehead. Last I checked you your formal college education was given up for a a few bucks (coke money) for a character named Ducky. Or was it less than zero, Jullian? Give the kid a break and let him grow into his own man. He doesnt need to live in your shadow as the junkie son of a recovering junkie. Don't get me wrong, I DIG YOU BRO, but don't pigeon hole your son and label him as defective because of a problem YOU brought into the homestead. He might be fine.

me2

What's new with white coke heads

Diana

Stop making excuses for him before he ends up just like dear old dad.

L. Ron Hubbard

He must of went into Senior's stash!

FREEDOM

COCAINE IS HOLLYWOOD'S AGENT.

FREEDOM

DRUGS, S.E.X AND ROCK AND ROLL.

Dr. Feel Good

Who cares, He a white boy from a rich white family he will get off just like his drug using daddy.

The End

J.E.B.

He doesn't use cocaine, he just likes the way it smells.

mystic