« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rory McIlRoy

Ditching Caroline Made Me #1

8/11/2014 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0811-rory-mcilroy-getty-02
The reason Rory McIlroy is kicking every other golfer's ass is simple -- he unloaded that ball and chain, otherwise known as Caroline Wozniacki ... that's how Rory sees it anyway, and he had the cajones to say it out loud.

McIlroy fired the shot at his ex-fiancee while talking to reporters at the PGA Championship -- which of course he won this weekend. Rory talked about the break-up, saying ... "I think what happened has been for the better in terms of my golf." BOOM.

The 25-year-old ... #1 ranked golfer in the world ... said, “I’ve put a bit more time into it and it has refocused me. I mean, what else do I have to do now? I go to the golf course, I go to the gym and it’s just my life at the minute."

Ballsy for Rory to say it -- and crappy for Caroline to hear it -- but hard to argue with the stats ... 3 consecutive tournament wins, and 2 majors in a row since he killed the engagement in May

For what it's worth ... Caroline is currently ranked #12 in tennis.
update_graphic_red_barWe got Rory out in NYC Monday morning, and he attempted to back pedal from his weekend comments, but c'mon ... we know what he's saying, right?

Rory McIlroy Breakup Caroline Wozniacki

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

iBetty

Revenge is better served cold.. lol

Lebowski

Hopefully they'll get back together so next time Phil or Ricky will kick his @$$....

DaDa

He dropped his Dreamkiller.

coltsfan1963

So true

VinnyD

They don't call them dream killers for nothing.

wood4U

I think he saw her without makeup and said "it's over"

David

Marriage is a lucrative business for women that marry men for their money. And American women are notorious for doing this. Men should keep their money and play the field and never get married. That way they can keep the money they worked so hard for and let the bitches earn their own money. Marriage only benefits women. After all, after you marry them, the great sex is gone forever. And you end up cheating on her because the sex is gone. Then she catches you and divorces you and takes your money, your house, your kids and then you end up paying spousal support. Later you find out that she had been cheating too. But it's too late. You got screwed by your ex-wife and not in a physical way. STAY SINGLE, I did, and I'm 63 years old and living a great life and having all the sex I need.

bigdog55

Good 4 him , it a lot of people that can learn from that move ,

Duffran

Great golfer, disgusting p.o.s. Human being!

Columbo

Good choice, RM. No need to get married. Variety is the spice of life. And you got the dream job and you're loaded with coin. I'm jealous.

c

He's such a POS. The little weasel is going to undo any popularity Tiger Woods brought to golf. No one wants to see such a d-bag win.

Columbo

He's the new Tiger. Only smarter.

Columbo

She's ugly anyway

T1955

Two elite athletes!....Good Luck it ever working out! .......Put aside their egos and just acknowledge how little time they have to see each other. Tournaments, photo shoots, meetings, commercials. IMPOSSIBLE!.......That is why the world loves Derek Jeter. There is no way that he could have settled down as an active player BUT, after this season he will have the time and energy needed to make a relationship actually work AND, squeeze out a mini DJ in the process.

@iAMTIMWILSON

Would explain why Tiger has been in a slump since that faithful nigh he got BUSTED!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments