Kendall Jenner

Threatens to Sue Waitress

Over Inadvertent Dine and Dash

8/14/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0813-kendall-jenner-tmz-01Kendall Jenner claims she's been defamed by a waitress who said the 18-year-old threw money in her face ... and she's threatening to sue.

TMZ has obtained a letter from Kendall's lawyer, admitting Jenner was indeed at Mercer Kitchen last week and that she accidentally skipped out on the bill.

But legal pitbull Marty Singer says the rest of the waitress' story is a pack of lies. The waitress tweeted she chased Kendall down the street to get the money and Jenner threw it in her face.

Singer says in the letter ... what actually happened was that the waitress did come up to her outside but Jenner was "extremely apologetic" and gladly paid what she owed -- $33, plus a $7 tip ... which she "politely handed" to her.

Singer says, "Although you are working as a waitress at Mercer Kitchen, I understand you are also a struggling actress," adding, "You no doubt concocted a fictionalized account of your encounter with my client in order to create publicity for yourself."

081314_hungry_stars_footer

Cally

Perhaps Marty Singer might want to explain why his client left without paying at all? It's totally irrelevant whether or not the waitress' story is right or not. If Singer's client at ANY point left a restaurant without paying, then his client being "apologetic" or anything else is redundant. A thief is thief. The courts don't give you a "oh but I'm a clueless celeb" pass, and rightly so. I own a restaurant, I don't have a sign on my store saying "pay if you like, not if you don't, but hey, if you imagine that you're a celebrity, then feel free to leave without paying, ". You apologizing to the paparazzi means nothing. You and your ego have still trashed my business nationally, globally. Who the hell do you think you are?

P*ss right off, "celebs". $100 tips? who cares. Your days of buying cheap and worthless "respect" are over.

If you want real respect, you're going to have to earn it like everyone else does.

The Maharincess of Franistan

This girl is SO DUMB it's not even funny. She barely finished high school and has no plans for college. STUPID enough to sue over something like this. For fun, they should ask her to spell SUE.

Hopefloats

Everyone must be very proud of picking on a teenager. I almost walked out without paying once because I was working on a big project and completely focused on that. Things like this happen, give the girl a break.

ryder

Kartrashians at it again looks like she is getting uglier as she gets older

Mama San

I believe the waitress...Kendall and her Kylie are a couple of little self entitled and self absorbed brats! Kris really needs to discipline those two.

my 2 cents

I am sure there are security cameras outside, so let's go to the videotape.

Jordan

Let me get this Straight. Kendall is going to Sue a Waitress that her Lawyer admits to be struggling Financially, so Kendall wants money from her. Kendall wants to go in front of a Jury, and tell them to give her money, because Kendal skipped out on a tab. The Waitress story is more Believable, and the waitress should counter Sue Kendall, and let the Jury award her lots of Kardashian Money.

Beatlecat1

How do you accidentally skip out on a restaurant tab?

UNLV1990

Wow, threatening a lawsuit over this is childish. Can you defame someone who has a bad reputation?

TK

This POS lawyer sounds as delusional as the Kardashian family.

molet

U kno wut,it cn actually happen it happened 2 me abt a wk ago lol.I was n a conversation wit a couple & as they was abt 2 leav,we continued talkin & I got up wit them & walked out wit them totally 4-gettin da bill.the waitress came out & politely ced "sir,u 4got 2 pay ur bill"I kindly went bac n & paid it.it cn happen ppl☺

MrsTimberlake

Team Waitress. 100%.

Duh

Really? Sue a server? Enjoy spit in everything you ever order in a restaurant ever again.

foosheezoo

Kendall is turning out to be like her sisters, what a shame

twoaway

Big sunglasses are not to attractive on her. Makes her look old. ..