Director Lee Daniels Sued

Damon Dash Claims

He Screwed Me Out Of 'Butler' Money

8/14/2014 8:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814-daniels-dash-tmz-01
Director Lee Daniels convinced Rock-A-Fella mogul Damon Dash to pump cash into his movies, including "The Butler" ... then stiffed him.

Dash is suing Daniels for reneging on a deal for Dash to invest in Daniels' projects -- including "The Woodsman," "Precious," "The Paperboy" and "The Butler."

Dash has said he dumped $2M into "The Woodsman" back in 2004 ... and never got a penny back. Dash claims in his lawsuit he had a similar interest in Daniels' other movies.

According to the legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Dash claims he was also screwed out of his executive producer and producer credits on the films.

Dash wants $25 million -- minimum.

A rep for Daniels tells us Dash's claims are "completely without merit."

Stevonez

Black people problems...

Jordan

Go figure, Lee Daniels Screwed me out of "Butler" Money to, but I figure that OPRAH and Lee needs the Money more then I do, so I am going to let this one go.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Why would Dame wait so long to go after him? This doesn't sound right.

WHATNTHEWORLD

Oh my DD....Hope you two can work things out. I only saw two of the movies. So don't know about this one

bill_leslie

Dash is a worthless joke. He's done nothing since he fell out of favor with Jay-z. He has no talent and nothing he has tried, pimped, advertised for has worked. loser.

Stevonez

I hope they kiss and make up so TMZ can let us know about...

sueu

Well if he put in the money he deserves to get paid. He probably waited to make sure the projects made a lot to ensure he would get some of the profits

Bridget

Ahhh, I forgot about "The Woodsman". I don't remember much about it other then Kevin Bacon plays a child molester that just got out of prison, and it was creepy as hell. I seriously didn't look at Kevin Bacon the same for a while. I wasn't aware Lee Daniels made it. He certainly doesn't shy away from a controversial subject.

Franc

Butler's a low-life thief. Put me on that jury!

JR

That's why no one played with you on the playground!

Joao

I don't know the order the movie and investments, but why would you even consider giving a thief more money after he just ripped you off? But after looking at that guy's picture I'm guessing there's an IQ issue (if you know what I mean)

Colombian necktie

There's a reason why jay stop dealing wit this guy

Wolfperm

Dash is Desperate. If anything.. he should be suing Rachel Roy for screwing him out of every single dime he had in order to start he fashion line.. and then divorcing him. Damon Dash is nothing but a bottom feeding leech who is trying to recoup his loses through someone else's hard work and success. If thing are that bad.. he needs to go to the nearest welfare office to apply for some general relief/food stamps and maybe they can help him find a permanent job.

Mulholland Drive

Get the money Damon! I hope you get triple what you're suing for!

celtics34

Damon you get nothing... and like it N.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments