Robin Williams

Parkinson's a Factor in Suicide

But NOT the Cause

8/15/2014 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Robin Williams Depression

Robin Williams' Parkinson's diagnosis had an impact on his depressed state ... on both a psychological and physiological level -- but it's NOT why he committed suicide ... multiple sources connected to the family tell TMZ.

We're told ... Robin was struggling emotionally with the diagnosis ... like anyone would. Our sources say Parkinson's was NOT the reason for his depression ... something Robin lived with for years. But we're told the Parkinson's news "exacerbated" his depressed state of mind.

We're also told doctors were treating Robin with meds to slow the progression of the disease down, and the cocktail -- which was a work in progress to get right -- also had a negative impact on his emotional state.

And doctors believe Parkinson's itself physiologically triggers depression in people.

But our sources make it clear ... the diagnosis of Parkinson's did NOT trigger Robin's suicide.  It was the result of chronic, intense depression that dogged the actor for much of his life.

0811_robin_williams_remembering_footer_4

Patlouela

He should have been in the hospital or under observation by family and dr's while they messed with his "****tail"..somebody didn't have his back...RIP

RVB

How does anyone know any of this? Only he does. SMH

BLUE UGLY 💩

How the hell would anyone know the real catalyst, nobody will really know because it's not logical

8======D

It definitely had nothing to do with the two ex-wives that were bleeding him dry and causing him to compromise his artistic integrity.

WD

The only person that would know it was a fac tor is Robin himself and anything else is just pure speculation by people who really should just keep their ****ing mouths shut

amerksfan

So what is it we know too much or we dont know enough
His parkinsons is probably self inflicted with the amount of drugs he took
But his friends and family cant complain that the public is told too much if they keep adding to what we know

FloBee

I suffered depression during my pregnancy and ended up taking Zoloft so I didn't end up with postpartum depression and not even want to hold my child. I was thinking of hurting myself after my son was born and leaving him with my abusive ex. That's how bad it was. They keep saying that he was at the point of no return which scares me. I was able to treat my depression, although I still get depressed from time to time, I no longer want to hurt myself. Depression is a real and very dangerous thing. It may seem selfish to some but the pain can be so great that the only possible way to end it is to take your own life. I felt like I was just inflicting myself on others and that things would just be so much easier on my loved ones if I wasn't around dragging them down with me. Logically it doesn't make sense but logic and emotion don't mix. Your emotions will win everytime.

Rivera73

I come on here for pure humor. And for some this is there only news source. Stick with the funny, because this crap is 100% irresponsible.

thegreatone

No a belt was the cause

hardin

Omg

stan

It comes down to it being "NONE OF OUR BUSINESS"

Let him rest. His medical history is not for public consumption.

Pudding Tang

Well, it's actually the meds that were the main cause. The meds themselves have been known to cause deep depression.

stonesthrow

The guy had everything. Did this to his kids is unforgiveable. No perspective. One last utra-egoccentric-me-me-me actor, not necessarily a bad thing.

whatever

Also, his brother died on August 14th a few years back. Many people are triggered by death anniversary dates. That was probably a factor as well....

Soda pop