Mischa Barton

Screw Your Movie

I'm Partying My Ass Off!

8/19/2014 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0818-mischa-barton-tmz-01
Mischa Barton is one step away from being featured on a milk carton ... which makes it especially stunning she blew off a movie role because she thought it would be more fun to party in Europe.

Mischa hasn't had a hit since "The O.C." wrapped in 2006 ... but she got a huge break when she was hired to star in the movie, "Promoted."

Producers claim in a new lawsuit -- obtained by TMZ -- they attempted to contact Mischa about the March 4 start date and also about sizing her costumes ... but got no response.

On March 3 ... producers got an email from Mischa's mom, saying, "Mischa is still in Europe and won't be available until the 20th of this month."

0818-mischa-barton-rome-SUB-twitter-03
The producers -- furious -- went on Mischa's social media accounts to find she was actually partying in Europe ... on vacation and "enjoying tourist excursions with friends."

Mischa's absence created a snowball effect ... the lead actor didn't want to work with another actress, and so on and so on.

The "actress" is now being sued for the $20,000 advance she got, $200,000 in marketing expenses, and $100,000 which they say they will lose because Mischa's not attached anymore.

0818-mischa-barton-rome-SUB-twitter-01

Bridget

Sorry, I think they will make more money since she is not attached anymore. I'd imagine seeing that Mischa Barton is starring in a movie, is like a big alarm going off saying "Beware, Beware". And who is this dippy actor who "wouldn't work with anyone else". Like she is fricken Natalie Portman or something, lol.

Whatever55

She is irrelevant and boring and I would not be rushing out to see any movie that she was in! Why would they try and fine her? Fire her ass and this lame actor that could not work without her and start over! Your movie will be better off without these nobodies!

Kartrashian Klown

Okay...so maybe people shouldnt have to feel bad that she's losing her house to foreclosure..I mean the woman doesnt even want to work.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Look at her horrible crow's feet #nofilter

Kobe_No_Means_No

Still lookin' good. Need a sex tape to stay relevant though. Truth.

Cranberry Bauce

Mischa, Mischa, Miiiiiiiischaaaaa!!! [whiny Brady Bunch voice]

CyndiChainsaW

I like how they put the word actress in quotes.

Mr502

Want to be a hooker? My brother's mother's second cousin twice removed make at least a quarter ounce of meth a night giving blow jobs down at the bus station and you can too. All you have to do is go to the bus station and get this, give blow jobs! I know, your mind is blown and so will your customers...

Noog

F her.

Waka Waka Waka

Here you go Mischa. ....www.edd.ca.gov You'll be needing it...

aquanet

How does this chick have money? She was on a TV show years ago and I believe a few movies I can't even remember. Perhaps the escort rumors are true.

aintchyabitch

My mother would not have sent that email for me, my mother would have told them to can me.

Numapass

Bey you she would be fun at a party

Lucy

I don't like this chick, but this seems pretty overblown. If the other actor didn't want to work with her over this, then that is why she got fired. Not because she was going to be late.

Gru V

I'd say she just kissed her a** goodbye as far as working in Hollywood goes.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments