Justin Bieber

Investigated for Attempted Robbery

For Lunging at Fan

8/26/2014 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0826-ipad-justin-bieber-selena-twitter-03
Justin Bieber is under investigation for several crimes -- including attempted robbery -- for lunging at a fan at an arcade and sports bar ... attempting to get the guy's cell phone.

Justin and Selena Gomez were at Dave & Buster's Monday night when a fan started taking cell phone pics and video of the two. Law enforcement sources say ... Justin lunged at the guy ... in an attempt to take his cell phone and presumably erase the pics and video.

Justin's security held him back and he never made contact with the fan.

Police were called but before they arrived Justin booked it out of there.

Our law enforcement sources say the fan wants to press charges and Justin is being investigated ... and the possible crimes are attempted battery, attempted theft (stealing the pics) and attempted robbery (grabbing the camera in an attempt to permanently deprive the fan of the pics and video).

Justin could be in big trouble, because he's on probation in the egging case and violating the law could trigger a probation violation which could land him in jail.

We called Bieber's rep. They have no comment.

1203-justin-bieber-troubled-times-footer-3

Professionalaidsman

Absolutely nothing will happen to him. I bet you that the charges end up being completely dropped. Celebrities get special treatment when it comes to the law. Its going to take something a whole lot bigger for him to finally end up behind bars. Only time will tell...

Almightyrahh

He didn't even touch him tmz.....end of story!

britty04

Ugh I HATE to say it but if he didn't touch the guy or his phone he did not break any laws. Damn the bodyguards for not letting him get his ass kicked

Beatlecat1

Policemen who are scared to death to arrest Justin Bieber for anything are the same police who would have no qualms about murdering an innocent man for no other reason than being black. Bieber does these things because he knows the American judicial system is a joke. It always has been and it always will be.

TCYB

attempted, attempted, attempted. Doesn't cut it. get real

IKnowthismuch

Why should the Police investigate? The stupid Prosecutors won't do anything. Makes me wonder if they are on the take from either Beiber or his team!

jan

He's such a want a be thug, put him in the ghetto for a day, scare him straight.

chick78

He's posting pics of himself with giant bongs not 2 ft. away, in a studio. But that's none of my business.

Chris

I plan to lunge off a cliff at the next lame Bieber story. Please TMZ, put me out of my misery.

peaches01

What goes around , comes around!!!! Talk about karma, ha ha

Shannon

I'm pretty sure this is the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I can read Justin's mind and I know he was aiming to hurt me and take my phone and pics, so lets have him charged!

BREAKFAST4

He cannot be charged for anything. He's a douche but there was no crime here.

lkelly816

Someone needs to explain to this moron the meaning of "you are on probation!" He'll be spending time in jail soon. Maybe Chris Brown can enlighten him on what it's like to spend time in jail.

Bearcat34

What is he 5'2"? 4'9" when he struts around hunched over like he's some kind of gangster? He can take all the boxing/mma lessons he wants, somedays he's going to go after an avg. joe that is 40 and been around the block and his ass is going to get knocked out with one punch befores his babysitters can get there to protect him. Than one of his bodysitters will pick him up like a new born and whisk him away. Now those pictures will be funny.

Sunnypalmtrees

Can't lie I used to be a fan of Justin. But now he's just ... ANNOYING.