'Cops' Crew Member Killed

Family Pissed At Police

They Won't Show Us Video

8/29/2014 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0829-cops-shooter-01
The family of the "Cops" crew member who died in a police shootout says the Omaha PD is prolonging their agony ... by refusing to show them video taken during the gun battle.

Sources close to the family tell us ... they had a 1-hour meeting with police Thursday ... to get information -- and some closure -- about how "Cops" sound engineer Bryce Dion died, but they got neither.

Police have released still images from the "Cops" footage of the deadly shootout -- but we're told authorities won't show the family the video because it's now evidence in a criminal case.

Omaha PD confirms the family will not be allowed to see the vid until a grand jury investigation is complete ... standard procedure, we're told.

Wow ...

I am sorry they lost him, but to be angry with the police for following the law re: evidence is nonsense. Their anger seems displaced. Their are procedures to follow...

Resurrection

White people won't riot. They will save their rioting for more important stuff like their favorite teaming winning a championship.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Yikes!

BillyBob is back

if the shooter is white we might have a new riot

bigboy

Oh! boy here we go again!

Resurrection

I bet the cameraman recorded a lot of little girls with that camera.

BlindFury

For all of you that don't know. That's what COPS do to protect their a$$es. Somebody is going to pay up. Either the show "COPS" or the Pigs themselves.

StevenB

I am honestly surprised this hasn't happened before now.

BlindFury

They left out that the guy who they shot a bunch of times wasn't carrying anything but an Air Soft gun (bb gun). So they killed two people because they was all scared and sh!t.

spock

guy on the right is from Scream

Nicoleasm

I'm just curious if they went overboard with all the gunfire b/c it was going to be for a tv show.

Sett

A little morbid that the family wants to watch the video of their loved one getting shot....

Dee

I can understand the agony but I wouldn't want to subject myself to a video showing my loved one being kill.

DeAnna

I absolutely HATE the show cops. I don't think they should be followed around by cameramen. More than half the cops on that show DO play for the camera. It's absolutely disgusting.
My husband likes the show & watches it every night. I am constantly pointing out cops who are obviously playing for the camera. They are civil servants. Do your job and STFU.
Unfortunately, it's a popular show. I am really surprised this is the first accident.
My condolences to his family.

Panda

Gotta say if someone in my family was shot to death, you couldn't pay me to watch it happen.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments