Depp and Bloom - Back in the Water

8/23/2006 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click here to return to TMZ.comAfter cleaning up at the Teen Choice Awards, Captain Jack Sparrow and his band of pirates headed back to the Black Pearl after a summer hiatus from filming "Pirates of the Caribbean 3."

The cast of next year's sure-to-be box office hit are now back on the ship off the coast of Palos Verdes, Calif.

After filming wrapped for the day on Tuesday evening, Orlando Bloom made a quick escape by jumping in his car and heading out. While Johnny Depp, on the other hand, found time to say hi and take pictures with the dozens of fans waiting to see the actor through a chain link fence that borders the set.

It's pretty clear why Depp walked away with the two Choice Movie Actor awards on Sunday night in both the comedy and drama/action categories. On- and off the screen- Johnny seems to be everyone's favorite movie star.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

James in Milwaukee

I liked the movies and look forward to more of them!

Movieluver

This vid just goes to show that johnny depp is a great guy , when other actors bail he hangs around to pay attention to his fans that wait in line and thru the night just to see him. He is a great actor and will be around for a long time. I can't wait for the next movie!

Lisa

Johnny, I'd love to play pirates with you. :>) I look foward to the 3rd installment of the Pirates movies.

Thanks!

Fourth Grade Mathmatician

John Depp is crap...

Remember all of this guys Anti American slander.

"America is like a broken toy, that I want my children to be able to play with"'

Its been rumored that they wanted a "Hand Double" in the film, because Nancy Boy has such small handss. C- word

Judy

Johnny Depp is one of the consistently best actors I've seen over my 65 years. His talent lies in the fact that he's able to play so many different types of characters so well. He's right up there with the best of the greats.

Whatever

Johnny Depp is not crap he is not the only celeb to bash America. Freedom of speech my love #5! Look it up! :)

Lynn Nelson

Where are my previously posted comments?

Tyleben

I may not agree with Johnny Depp's politics..but I do have to respect him. He showed he sytands up for his beliefs. He actually left this country after saying he didn't like it. Why can't people like Robert Redford and Alec Baldwin leave here?? They promised they would if Bush was elected....the moving van has been waiting for almost 2 yrs for those idiots..

Margaret

I have ALWAYS admired Johnny Depp's acting abilities. His perceived bad boy image by the 'Hollywood' power boys is the only reason this man does not have at least one Oscar under his belt.
Talent is the name of the game - and Johnny Depp is oooooozing with it.
Wake up Hollywood and honor those that REALLY deserve it!

canuckistani

Sigh, I love Johnny Depp.

Esq

I don't agree with his politics, but I think he is a wonderful, talented actor and one of the few who know how to be a good star/celebrity. Kudos to him for making time for his fans in a meaningful way.

Where was this at, by the way? Anyone? (I might have to go camp out for a glimpse. . . . . .)

kathleen

JOHNNY DEPP is a class act through and through. He has MATURED into a FINE actor...not to mention, exceedingly HANDSOME. The way he portrays Cap'n SPARROW is fun to watch...He is certainly MY favorite actor. Perhaps it is because he acts, and lives with his family in a different country--as opposed to PARTYING EVERY NIGHT of the week like the young celeb-wanna-bes...

Sandy

We may not all agree with other peoples ideas about politics...be it actors or just us plain folk, but he had the right to voice his opinion....said it and was done with it. Not like some who are always using the Hollywood podium to bash politics. I am still waiting for Alec Baldwin to leave!!!

Johnny Depp is a class act and damn good actor...

marianne.

love him he's everything those paparazzi whores are not.

Utility_Belt

Johnny Depp *is* the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Orlando Bloom is window dressing, a rather shabby one at that. The movie has some other wonderful talent, Stellan Skarsgård, Geoffrey Rush, Kiera Knightley, Jack Davenport, Bill Nighy and Jonathon Price to name a few.

Johnny Depp is a class act and if Orlando Bloom is smart (which is questionable) he would follow Johnny's example.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments