Mario Lopez

'Dancing' King?

9/7/2006 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mario LopezThe new season of "Dancing With the Stars" hasn't even started but oddsmakers are already placing their bets on a winner.

John Avello, Director of Race & Sports Operations at Wynn Las Vegas, released his predictions of who will be the next Stacy Keibler or Kelly Monaco.

Avello has Mario Lopez waltzing away with the coveted crown. Previously, PinnacleSports.com also predicted Lopez would come out on top. Looks like we've got a lot of "Saved by the Bell" fans out there!

Monique Coleman, who your ten-year-old probably recognizes from "High School Musical", is slated for the runner-up slot. But Avello has some bad news for talk show pundit Jerry Springer. Although Springer may be good at dancing around punches and catfights, Avello predicts he will be the first contestant booted off the show.

Avello uses industry insiders and formulaic processing (whatever that means) to come up with the odds. In the past, he has accurately predicted winners for shows like "American Idol" and "Survivor."

"Dancing With the Stars" premieres on September 12 on ABC.

Kayla

I hope Jerry Springer is the first off the show, blah I just don't like that man.

Travis Bickle

Well, odds are that Lopez will try hit anything that has a vagina so chances are he'll win since he has the moves.

Amy

Mario is going to have a guest appearance on nip/tuck ....he's going to have a gay shower scene with Christian.......if he gets booted off dwts at least he'll have a back up....literally........lolololololo

Brevance3

Do you even check your facts before publishing your website? Stacey didn't win last year, Nick Lachey's brother did.

Amy

ACTUALLY JESSICA I DO CHECK MY FACTS AND IT DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT STACEY KIEBLER OR KELLY MONACO WINNING NOW DOES IT? LEARN TO READ AN ARTICLE BEFORE YOU CRITIQUE IT...HAVE A NICE DAY AND THANK YOU FOR VISITING

kevin

Mario started as a dancer. Not much of a call.

duh...totally !

CHEESY SHOW !

sorry ! SPRINGER= OMG !

Salvatori

I think Jessica had a brain fart.

Black Sheep

I could make a meal out of Mario Lopez.

Kevin Keckeisen

LOL Just come out of the closet already, Slater. :-D~@ You're our idol (the gay community)! Besides, you REALLY ((sucked))) on that "The Other Half" (all-male version on "The View").

Irene Adams

To me the two official winners are Kelly and Drew. They are the one's the new contestants have to hold themselves upto. No one else.

jesabella

He was f***ing hot!!!!!!! I've beentrying to find the video of his first perforance.......wow..........the heat came off the tv.......this is his first performance???Good Lord ..............they need to tape all of those for woman to watch..they might get revved up for the regular guys......Who the hell is Mario Lopez????? He's the next super studd as far as I'm concerned.........WoW............if you dont watch dancing with the stars you need to for that hunks sake......
Wow Mario...........you got it going on.........

David Morales

Mario Lopez is a man's man. I am a straight man and I root for him all the way. Truth be known, ....If I were gay though, he would be my dream man. I know somewhere inside M.L. is a part gay man too. LOL You can't help but liket the guy. He is fun, smart, talented, energetic and a wild chick-magnet! My girlfriend abosolutely loves him so I will cheer you on bro. He will DEFINITELY come on top in Danicing W/ The Stars. All hater men that speak against him are just jealous of him because he is the only Slater there is! He has a full career ahead of him. You haven't seen nothing yet! Right on man, I hope to see more Latino male actors like yourself Mario! All the Best !!!

-David M.

Cliff Milburn

I like Mario Lopez and I wish him well. There are rumors about his sexual preference that I think should not be a part of his resume'. If the man can act or dance and it is entertaining, what else is necessary. There is one thing which is disturbing and that is the naked pics he has at his web site. Please clean them up because I have children and grandchildren looking as these things. I hope you're a winner in the Dance contest. You were great the first night.