Scary Spice

Pregnant With

Eddie Murphy's Baby

10/17/2006 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, aka Scary Spice, is four months pregnant with Eddie Murphy's baby. The news comes amid rumors that the couple will marry next month.

Melanie Brown and Eddie Murphy
A source tells TMZ that Brown came into the hip Le Bra Lingerie boutique in West Hollywood on Saturday and was gushing about her impending birth.

Brown, who has a 7-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, is a frequent shopper at the store and admitted the pregnancy had her feeling tired. Brown added that she was concerned she may be carrying twins since, she noted, they run in Murphy's family.

While on her shopping spree, Melanie picked up nearly $5,000 worth of Eres lingerie for herself and about $300 worth of La Perla men's undershirts and underwear for Eddie.

In April, Murphy's divorce from his ex-wife Nicole became final. The "Daddy Day Care" star has five children with Nicole and another son from a previous relationship.

Murphy's rep told TMZ "We do not comment on Mr. Murphy's personal life."

Calls to Brown's rep were not immediately returned.

wah

AS a married man, I can say there are many reasons why things don't always work out.

Maybe Eddie can tell her what he wants.......what he really really wants!

chrissy

First of all he didn't leave Nicole. Nicole left him. People get your information right

sourapples

I guess there will be no new Spice Girl cd next year.

PEPPA

I GUESS EDDIE COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET ..... ONLY EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE TO GET HIS JOLLIES. >>>>>>

THEN, BACK INTO THE CLOSET HE GOES , SO HE CAN MAKE ANOTHER BABY !!!!

HEY !!!! OH WELL ??????

Mari

Twins do not "run in families." Every woman has the same odds of giving birth to twins. My obstetrician told me this little fact.

Joyce

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe his smokin' ex wife left HIM? Maybe he had no choice in the matter. What is with these guys who just run from one woman to another, leaving more innocent lives in the wake?

Robert S.

I guess it depends if hes taking care of the kids he has already before hes bringing more in the world. if you get the ladies mad at you with that many kids, you could be working the rest of your life for free paying child support. i think its 20% of income for one, 25% for two kids, what the heck is it for 8 kids?

moni

Nicole left Eddie. She said he is pretty much a hermit and never wants to go anywhere or do anything and being that they are so young and wealthy she could not take it anymore. People go one with their lives and Nicole has gone on with hers as well.

DEBRA

it's happening all the time.men giving up their beautifil wives because they think the grass is greener somewhere else.

carmen

"Brown added that she was concerned she may be carrying twins since, she noted, they run in Murphy's family." That has nothing to do with her having twins. Its her eggs that split in 2 , her eggs that get fertilized. Silly, uneducated comment she made to the world.

ShaShaShelly

AM I The Only One, Or Do They Look Alike???

i know it all

bulldog you need to go back to school, I have twins and guess what twins run on my hubbys side. ya better head back to the biology lab.

charlotte

First I want to say #15's comment...I am still laughing, great comment!
She has the face fit for a scary halloween costume that's for sure! Eddie must have been drunk the night he picked her up in the first place...I would be chewing my arm off in the morning if I was a guy and saw her next to me in bed

ADORA

OH LAWD EDDIE SURE NOT SHOOTING BLANKS! HE SURE LIKE WOMEN WHO LOOKS LIKE DRAG QUEENS. I NEVER THOUGHT NICOLE AS BEAUTIFUL...UNLESS ALL THE PICTURES I'VE SEEN IN THE TABLOIDS JUST MADE HER AZZ LOOK LIKE A MAN. NOW HE GOES AND IMPREGNANTE THAT SCARY HEFFA! EDDIE TO RESOLVE THESE ISSUES YOU HAVE WHEN PICKING WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE DUDES IS TO JUST COME OUT THE FRIGGIN CLOSET AND CALL IT A DAY. EDDIE IS BEATING AROUND THE BUSH FOR TO LONG NOW. I HAVE NO RESPONSE FOR SCARY SPICE'S DUMB AZZ COMMENT ON TWINS. LAWD I JUST HOPE THE BABY OR BABIES HAS MORE OF EDDIES GENES, THAN MAYBE THEY WILL HAVE A CHANCE. EDDIE GET YOUR MESS TOGETHER MAN.....SHEESH!

Laurie

out of all the beautiful black women out there that are actual SINGERS vs someone who hasn't done anything since the spice girls.....WHAT WAS HE THINKING??? EM could have any woman he wanted! he is an acting god.....and yes, i've heard the rumors he's really gay but that's not a crime! what is a crime is that more than likely that gorgeous man is BIsexual and could've chose a much more beautiful talented woman to be his 'beard'. whatever happened to him and robin givens???? or mariah carey??? or how about rhianna? or thandie newton??? heck, even whitney would've been better than SP!