Lane Garrison Cries in Church

12/7/2006 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An emotional Lane Garrison was seen weeping and looking very distraught as he left a Los Angeles area church.
Lane Garrison
Garrison was the driver in a weekend accident that killed 17-year-old Vahagn Setian and seriously injured two other teens. He exited Good Shepherd Church in Beverly Hills with tears streaming down his face and his head in his hands.

The "Prison Break" actor showed up to the church at 11:30 Wednesday morning, spending 15 minutes inside before his tearful exit.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

gemma

look ppl everyone likes gossip and till everyone knows what really happened don't judge it's not our place the judging will be left for the courts to decide and everyone deserves a fair trial and eveyone one is innocent till proven guilty, you may not not like my comments but really i don't give a s**t i lost a friend in a car crash he was 16 and the driver had been drinking but i forgave him so did my mates family, and i like LANE so get off his back till we know more ok.

P.S i think lane's had it bad, but he still has fans and im still one of them. xx

Tracey

I think this is an truly awful situation for all concerned, YES Lane was wrong in the fact that he got into a vehicle & drove after he had drunk alcohol & I don't agree with the fact that he supposeldy got the two girls alcohol but I am 36 now & when I was 15 my mates all smoked, drunk ect.. but I made the choice not too so surely they could have done the same too, yes ok he was the adult & maybe they were just happy to be out with a star so to speak. My heart goes out to the family of the lad that lost his life so tragically, I do think that Lane should be punished but somehow I don't think prison is the right place surely the courts could make a better example of him by giving him some other form of punishment rather than just locking people up, I don't know what would be suitable but sometimes prison is too harsh, I know each person is different & if it was my child that he killed how would I feel, I hope I never go through that but just think that making people more aware of the dangers & stopping things like this happening in the first place is the way to go, how I don't know. I do feel that he is deeply hurting inside now but that lad can't come back his life is over & Lane is he is a genuine bloke will have that feeling with him for the rest of his life & he should but he is still entitled to privacy, tv star or not, I hope the family get through this in the best way that they can but I also hope that Lane comes through it too & if he hasn't learnt his lesson then he will get his cumupatnce later in life. Don't know if this makes sense to anyone just added my thoughts.

heather

How unfortunate..I sincerly hope he learns from this.

PerezSux

He SHOULD cry. This irresponsible drunk is responsible for the death and disability of some kids who were apparently in his vehicle just to help boost his tiny ego. He needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and set an example to everyone IN OR OUT OF HOLLYWOOD that drinking and driving is wrong.

Lady G

I dont think anyone needs to point out what he already knows. Leave him alone, he will punish himself for the rest of his life. We dont need to.

Mystery

Lane should get off and be let go to continue his acting career. I mean the kid is already dead, nothing is going to bring him back but we'll be missing out on tv guest appearances and future movies if they put Garrison away. Besides he sincerely seems upset and that's good enough for me. And just so we all don't seem like push overs he maybe should have to do a little community service.

What did we learn from all of this?
- Never get into a car with a drunk driver
- Always buckle up

In a way Lane should be praised for reminding us about the above.

disgusted

I'm with you #2. He will have to live with this for the rest of his life. There is no other punishment as severe as this.

Hollywood Snark

I definitely feel for him...but the fact of the matter is *he killed someone* - yes, it's good that he feels bad, but he needs to be punished. Face it...even if he gets 10 years for manslaughter he'll be out in 4-5 on good behavior and then he'll be a Robert Downey Jr. type guy with some real rough edges that will probably help him in his career.

No matter how bad you feel about him, you can't let him get away with no consequences cause that's just wrong -

Laura

I think his pain and anguish is genuine and he will be paying for this for the rest of his life. A terrible tragedy.

the wise old owl

POst # 1 Whatever: I agree with you .His tears are of no value now when HE could have avoided this terrible tradgedy. I don't understand what people don't get about " DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE ". I tell my 17 year old daughter all the time " Don't get in a car when the driver is drunk. Just give me a call and I will come and get you or SEND FOR A CAB. It's just not worth the risk. I don't care if it's 1a.m in the morining. I will be there.

The drunk driver always seems to live .....while his victims are the ones that parish. I know the man is hurting. He wouldn't be human if he wasn't BUT he really should have known better. Perhaps if he could have seen victims who have lived after a drunk driver hurt them this would never have happened.

I sat down with my daughter and showed her very grusome pictures of beautiful teenagers who were misfigured and handicapped for life because they got in a car with a drunk driver.or chose to drive drunk themselves. Let this be a" Wake Up Call " for everyone who comes to this website. Garrison has a lot of repenting to do. It is going to be very difficult for the family of that dead boy to " forgive him". I doubt that he can ever forgive himself for what he has done.

coco puff

If he truly wants forgiveness from the Lord he should come out publicly and admit what he did. Instead, he's hired some high price attorney to try and get him off. I agree with the one comment, regardless of the outcome, he will have to live with this for the rest of his life.

Travis Bickle

He played a prisoner on TV and now he'll get to play one in real life and become someone's REAL LIFE BITCH. Better learn how to grab your ankles Lanie!

p1tey1

He has not only ruined his life, but his stupidity has killed someone and hurt an entire family.

I know he didn't mean for this to happen, and I hope he can somehow get through this.

Lisa

Wow. My heart goes out to the young man and his family, as well as the two teens still in the Hospital. I can only imagine what Garrison is going through, poor guy. I feel bad for him. This is something he will have to carry for the rest of his life.

Scott

Reply to Jake #3 - Are you retarded or just plain stupid??? How can you even post a response like that? Lane is an adult and should have known better not to drink and drive. Nor should he have been hanging out with teenagers at a party. If this was you or myself we would get extreme consequences, so he should too. He should be crying, he took a life and injured 2 girls. What do you mean he seems upset and that's good enough for you? How about the boy's family? Do you think this is good enough for them? It will be when this dude get's the consequences of what he did.

Lane should be praised for reminding us??? Are you for REAL??? You should be locked up yourself. Advise you better think twice of what you think because bad things happend to bad people, and quite honestly you don't seem like a good person, so I'd watch out. Maybe you'll be in the same situation, 'cause it seems you need to learn a lesson yourself!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments