Tamiko Nash: Miss USA 2.0

12/18/2006 7:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tamiko NashWith Donald Trump reportedly set to dethrone Tara Conner officially on Tuesday, first runner-up Miss California, Tamiko Nash, will assume the title of Miss USA. At 27, Tamiko will be one of the oldest Miss USA's in the pageant's 55-year history.

TMZ did some digging around, and multiple sources tell us that Nash is genuinely nice and that people in the pageant world "really like her." Trump's former "Apprentice" contestant and beauty pageant coach Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, told "Tom Joyner Morning Show" entertainment reporter Jawn Murray, "It was a toss-up at Miss USA between Tamiko and Tara. I actually thought Tamiko had it in the bag. Tamiko will make an amazing Miss USA!!" And there you have it.

Prior to competing in the Miss USA pageant, Nash worked as an elementary school teacher and for the Recording Academy/Grammy Awards. Most recently, Nash pursued an acting career and appeared earlier this year on NBC's "Deal or No Deal," the E! special "Hidden Lives of Miss USA" and posed for a photo shoot for Snoop Dogg's latest album.

Nash's assumption of the Miss USA title marks only the second time in the pageant's history that a reigning Miss USA was forced to relinquish her title. In 1957, Miss USA was dethroned after it was discovered she was a married mother of two -- Mrs. USA is an entirely different pageant.

While Nash is single, she has been seen out and about with actor Brian White, who co-starred in the 2005 film "The Family Stone." A rep for White told TMZ the two are "just really good friends."

Meanwhile, Tara Conner must not be having a very happy 21st birthday today, but it looks like Tamiko has a lot to celebrate. And that's something all of us (who are of age) can drink to.

KiKi

YAY TOMIKO!

coco puff

She is so beautiful and should of won outright. The judges and Trump are racists. This sister is gonna rule with style and class.

free4all

Hmmmm..A Snoop Dogg photo shoot, now this is going to get exciting!!! real nice for a "Elementary school teacher". First it is a cokehead now this! The Miss USA Pagent is really going downhill.

girly

I wonder if the reason she was not picked in the first place was because she's 27! I guess in pagent world 27 is over the hill! I know they are wishing they picked her in the first place now!

chopchop

What's wrong Farrah, did all the whites run you off of the other pagaent story??

girly

Please don't respond to #4 who ever it is makes this comments to get attention and start stuff between everyone else!

free4all

Come on Farrah you know the words...

Rolling down the street smokin endo sippin on Gin and Juice
Laid back
with my mind on my money
and my welfare check on my mind!!!

LOL : )

coco puff

This is a free country and I can say whatever I want. Apparently, I've struck a nerve ( racism ) that you'll are having a problem with. I think you'll need to wake up and smell the coffee. I would appreciate thoughtful and kind replies rather than the bigot, hate filled comments.

LongJohn69

She'll turn out to be a "Flava Flav Crack Ho" or a Rick James bitch.

free4all

I don't know Farrah... what kind of thoughtful and kind replies do you expect when you call someone "White Trash". Just something to think about.

chopchop

Farrah (burnt black trash), quit flapping your blue gums!! How's that for a thoughtful & kind reply??

Brandon

It kinda sucks for Tamiko b/c she isn't gonna have much time to perform her duties as Miss USA. Isn't the pageant held in March. I'm sure something is better than nothing but it's sorta the short end of the stick.

girly

This Farrah person is gonna keep on because everybody is giving her the attention that she needs so much of!!! She did the same thing on Friday and said some of the same stuff! I say person because we don't know who this person is! Could be a bitter black women or it could be a white girl trying to stir up the racist! I don't know who it is it could be some idiot man for all I know but we all need to stop giving who ever it is all this attention!

kathryn

Farrah has nothing better to do. Sittin' in her hud home, stacking her paper the 'govment sends her per kid.......She's got nothing better to do than start race wars....hehehe.

chopchop

Ha #14 Maria: It's too much fun to stop!! HA!!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments