Is Sanjaya Elliott Yamin's Hairstylist?

3/20/2007 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Season Five "American Idol" contestant Elliott Yamin has a new 'do to go with his new grill.
Elliott Yamin and Sanjaya Malakar
The formerly toothy Elliott turned up on "TRL" today, sporting a mouthful of Chiclet caps and a Season Six Sanjaya Malakar perm!

Besides plugging his new album, it appears Elliott has also been plugging the curling iron!

KIM

Here is the obvious difference. Elliott has massive talent!! Sanjaya is just fun for the votefortheworst.com people.

b

This guy looks like a WOMAN!! And he cant sing so why the hell is he still on??????

Melissa

I love Elliott!! He was one of the best singers of all the AI seasons.!

Sweet

Elliot should have won that year. Too bad the worst contestant won. lmao

VOTE FOR SANJAYA !

ANNIA

Elliott Yamin's CD just came out today. Please go to his website to listen to his first single. It's very soulful & very moving. I would not be surprised if he outsold Taylor Hicks & McPhee.

I'm going to buy the CD tonight as soon as I get off work!!!

As for Sanjaya, he is adorable. His voice is not as strong as Yamin, but give him a few years to do some soul searching, I'll bet you he'll be as good as his idol, Stevie Wonder. Just wait and see!!!

STACI

The CD is AWESOME I got is yesterday and am so happy for Elliott. Sanjaya can't sing AT ALL. Yuck O!! Elliott or Chris should have won Idol last season. Check out Amazon.com for the album ratings and Taylor is VERY low on the list! Buy Elliotts CD you won't be sorry!

Kathie is a phony

ELLIOT GOT TOTALLY RIPPED OFF ON AI LAST YEAR! HE SOULD HAVE WON HANDS DOWN! HICK HAS SOLD THE LOWEST AMOUNT OF CDS THAN ANY OTHER AMERICAN IDOL SO FAR! HE STINKS! GO ELLIOT!

wendy

Just bought Elliotts CD today. AMAZING. Some of the songs are overproduced but he always sounds like the awesome singer and wonderful person he is.

Shannon

Elliot is looking HOT! HIs CD is awesome, and I think he shouldv'e won!!

STACI

Take out the ear wax...Sanjaya is TERRIBLE. Do yourself a favor and go treat yourself to the Elliott CD - it is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way outselling Taylor on Amazon in the ranking!! The wrong top two were chosen last season - it was Elliott and Chris!

Joyce

SANJAYA RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa

Taylor Hicks was nowhere near as talented as Elliot. I think his lack of sales just kind of top off what should have been obvious, it sure was to me.
Yes he has a certain something, and can sing, but He does not have the voice or the lasting kind of IT factor. Yes he had the soul patrol crazed fans that voted rediculous amounts of times. But people always forget what AI is really about.
Its about great Talent, that can turn into great Stars.
I knew that Taylor Hicks would be forgotten soon after he won the title. Why ?
Because his talent has a very limited appeal. And frankly I saw very little room for growth and no ability to blossom.

Elliot on the other hand, no doubt hands down was the best talent of the final 3.
He also had so much room to grow, and blossom image wise, and it appears that he has achieved that.

Taylor Hicks will be much like Ruben Studdard.
You will hear about him now and then, but no way will he ever EVER be a Superstar, or even a Star.

I really think AI needs to rethink the voting process.
maybe have the public pick the bottom 3 but then, (like Rockstar) the panel decides who goes home.

There should also be a limit to how many votes can be cast.
text messaging should be a 15 max per number
phone calls should have a max as well, perhaps 15 or 20 per phone line.

This would not cure all the problems, but it would cure many of them, and also make the whole process more fair.

Then the Bottom 3 perform and the panel decides who goes. I think that would be the best for the contestants, and the Integrity of the show.

mb00

haha, now Elliot looks like Justin Diamond....SSSSSCCCCCHHHHHRRRRREEEEEAAAAACCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!

mb00

correction from my previous post...Elliot now looks like a combo between Justin Diamond and Howard K. Stern...maybe he's Dannylynn's daddie.

meredith

Elliott is incredible. His new CD came out today and I bought it. What a voice. Sanjaya can' sing but he has the same sexually ambiguous appeal of Prince.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments