The Lost Olsen Twin: Elaine Stritch!

4/19/2007 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

82-year-old Broadway legend Elaine Stritch rocked the latest in Mary-Kate Olsen chic at an awards show at the American Museum of Natural History in New York on Wednesday.
Elaine Stritch and Mary-Kate Olsen
The comedy relic sported her paparazzi princess, de rigueur, oversized 70s granny shades, form-fitting leggings, a shopping bag -- and the essential Venti-sized Starbucks cup. Tiny dog, Blackberry and less famous sister not included!

Her Robertson Blvd. look is almost complete, but there's no word on whether Stritch plans to get a DUI, breakup with an oil heir -- or flash her goods!

comic relief

Wow, Elaine! You looking good, lady!

Raggety Mary-Kate is no Elaine Stritch, never will be.

paulie

Do the Olsen twins do ANYTHING IN LIFE...other than parade around town in gawdy clothing, posing for photogs? Role models? Smart business-women? I give up. Check the clock...their 15 minutes of fame expired years ago!

Kennedy

#15 So the twins are like the rest of Hollywood; they got over paid for what they do. If I were part of the 1 percent that make $300,000 or more a year; I would do more charity than I do now. I would love to create more after school programs, shelters for the abused and homeless, and donate money to the schools, so that they can have better physical education and music programs; which are always the first to go.

...

"Comedy relic" -- now THAT'S funny! And I'm sure Ms. Stritch would take it as a high compliment. She's a class act and looks great -- unlike the Stick sisters... at least Elaine washes her hair!

CGS

LOVE Elaine Stritch!! This "broad" has got more class in her pinkie toe than the Olsens or any of the rest of todays "hollywood starlets" will EVER have.

ESSENCE OF MOON

I AGREE WITH # 15.........WHAT YOU GET IN LIFE.........YOU SHOULD GIVE BACK TO THE PEOPLE THAT IS SUFFERING AND HAVE NOTHING............AND HOW DO ANYONE KNOWS IF THEY ARE NOT CONTRUBUTING TO THE MASS OF PEOPLE THAT COULD USE ALL OUR HELP

j.p. schilling

Thank you to the folks who have better things to do than tear up people they don't know and perhaps will never know. Has anyone considered what it's like to be stalked by photographers, creeps, and A-holes?
Goodness, enough with the jealously! Leave the girls alone! Age appropriate dress is chic and as mckool stated, what's wrong with that? I loved Nikki's comment #24 and I think Mr. Baldwin should take a page right out of why's book #25.
Seriously, I LOVE THESE LADIES! Always have and always will. I would love to spend a day just listening—not saying a word—just listening. For what these two have been exposed to in their short lives would most likely singe most people's nose hairs!
Kudos: Old Broad, mckool, ESSENCE OF MOON, Nikki, and of course, why.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~
1. The Olsen twins are pretty amazing. I don't understand why people
TRY and TRY to put them down and make fun of them.

Why the jealousy? These girls have provided a great deal of wholesome, decent,
entertainment over the years. There is plenty of trash out there in the USA that the
wacko's in our society feed on. Why try to squash people who are decent?
Posted at 5:06PM on
Apr 19th 2007 by Old Broad

11. I LIKE THE TWINS,THEY DRESS PUNK,WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT.
Posted at 9:11PM on Apr 19th 2007 by mckool

15. THE OLSON TWINS ARE GREAT.
Posted at 10:08PM on Apr 19th 2007 by ESSENCE OF MOON

24. The olsen twins did provide good entertainment for years, more years than a lot of people who criticize them have been working themselves! [Edited…] MK is wearing a punk-boho look, and everybody has too much hate for the twins and that's that!
Posted at 12:56AM on Apr 20th 2007 by Nikki

25. why do all of you care so much about celebrities? go play with your children or read a book
Posted at 1:11AM on Apr 20th 2007 by why

kelsssssss333

That picture was sooooooo long ago, so i dont know why they are using a picture of her from when they were going through the Anorexia stage. They look fine now to me! :)

Heather

I think the Olsen Twins are trash!!!! They are not good role models, i mean c'mon, they weight like 100 lbs put together. And what have they done recently?? NOTHING!! They live off the money they made on Full House and are only famous for being the adorable twins on that show. And what is up with those clothes?????? Looks like Goodwill to me!

shannon

what happened to the Olsen twins they used to be soo cute i have almost all their movies i loved them omg now im sad.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3