Gere to Indian 'Moral Police'

Kiss My White A**

4/27/2007 8:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richard Gere isn't bothered that a warrant's out for his arrest in India, and he's accusing a "very small right-wing, very conservative" faction in the country for coming after him for his public kissing of an Indian actress. "They do this kind of thing quite often," Gere told Jon Stewart on last night's "Daily Show." "I don't know that anyone has actually gone to jail ... It goes to a reputable court and they throw it out." Yesterday, an Indian judge issued a warrant for Gere's arrest in Jaipur, saying that he had "transgressed all limits of vulgarity" when he smooched Shilpa Shetty at an AIDS benefit.

Penn Tried to Bail Eve, Then Bailed to Avoid Paps

Wondering what Sean Penn was doing in the middle of the night to visit Eve in an LAPD station house, as TMZ reported exclusively yesterday morning? According to Rush & Molloy, he offered to bail her out – but when he saw that the press was gathering, he hightailed it out, telling Eve, "Let me leave before this becomes something bigger than it is."

The rapper-actress, says a source, was "surprised" to see Penn arrive at the Hollywood division, and when he offered to pay her $30,000 bail, she politely declined. But Penn then got skittish when he noticed that the paparazzi were assembling, though it was too late – TMZ caught him coming out. It's still unclear whether the pair were hanging out earlier in the evening.

Party Favors: Did Queen Breakup Wills and Kate? ... Beyonce Can't Tell Herself from Shakira ... "Idol" Gives over $60 Million Back

Could Queen Elizabeth II have broken up her grandson Wills and longtime galpal Kate Middleton for her own ego's sake? OK! magazine reports that the Queen didn't want a young "Diana type" to overshadow her reign, and thus didn't invite Kate to her big 81st birthday bash, precipitating the end. ... Beyonce is doing double-takes when she looks at her new video "Beautiful Liar" with Shakira, because she can't tell whether it's herself or the Latin lovely, reports WENN. ... The two-day "American Idol" special "Idol Gives Back" has already raised more than $60 million for relief programs in America and Africa, according to FOX.

Cindy K

Tina - I think we're on the same page ... too bad alot more people aren't. I get fired up about this where I live we are just seeing more and more illegals and jobs being taken it's hard to handle some days. I hope the money AI raised does alot of good for kids here in America. I also think that when an actor/actress is offered millions of dollars to make a money ... they should take half and give the other half to charity. My gracious how much money do they really need. The "middle class" is the backbone of this country and we are the ones that usually do the most donating, etc ... just doesn't make sense to me.

CoolKidd

Hey Roberta:

Do the Africans a favour and keep your MONEY, to understand Africa go to an OXFAM website and get the facts about how countries announce the millions, do not deliver and use the IMF to charge hugh interest on loans from which the people did nit benefit. If you cannot give with a gracious spirit DO NOT GIVE , the Africans will be better without it. Just so you know I am not from Africa, but I took the time to do the research to distinguish the difference from propaganda and facts.

Thank You .

PS Give Your Money to the US Charities then bad-mouth them.

C

Richard Geer obscenity? Please did you see what she was wearing? Contribute to AIDS, how sick are you? What do you think contributes to cancer?

aSiF

Hey B, I can tell the difference....you're the one with a horses tail on your head!

doinou

Richard, be respectful of the host country's culture. It's those loose morals that contribute to AIDS.

sapphire

GOOD FOR YOU RICHARD!!! THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!

Lenn K.

I'm no Richard Gere fan, but India you people need to lighten up. Alec what you did was bad, real bad and you got a anger problem straightup. Who's Eve?

Jane

There are times I can't tell Shakira from B in that video either. From the belly-button up, they look a lot alike. THEN the camera zooms in on the hips and it becomes quite obvious who's who. B's got those healthy, cowgirl hips; Shakira's look a million times tinier compared to her.

roberta

ok 60 million raised this should take care of all the starvation in africa. these donations con in all year so where does the money really go? why after years of donations does africa still siffer? i want to donate but i do see where the money is going becasue since i was in high school africa still looks the same and they siffer the same...

Lite it

If anyone ever thought of disrespecting my daughter I'd totally flip out. Alec has always been a hot head. He must think that he's some kind of Hollywood royalty. In fact he's the ONLY Baldwin I can't stand. This guy has MAJOR anger issues, who cares how it came out. The safest place for this child is away from him. It pisses me off to know that someone so unworthy of a child can abuse them in front of the whole country. He gets whatever he deserves, which means some treatment I hope.

Seriously

Hey Sean, you and Eve are really close friends.
That's why you were there to comfort and bail her out?
Right Sean?
Bwahahahahahahahaha

newsflash

My theory is that Wills just did not want to marry Kate.

It was starting to look as though her career plan was being his wife, maybe he would prefer someone more independent, with a life of their own. If he found it suffocating, I don't blame him.

barbara ann

i cant tell the difference either...but im not the one actually in the video...

Rachel

TIna, did you you watch the show? The money is going to be spent on education in Appalachai, and food banks in America cities, and some money will be spent in Africa as well. America has poverty, yes. But it pales in comparison to the poverty and disease (and lack of health care, clean water and malaria prevention) in Africa.

So some is being spent in America.

sapphire

#13 I COULDNT SAY IT BETTER MYSELF. ITS TIME WE START TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN, AND KEEPING OUR MONEY HERE IN USA.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments